Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Difference between hogs

Old 08-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Difference between hogs

K2S, we have them here in Hillsborugh, Pasco, Polk and surrounding Counties.
I have taken them in Lake Wales and Lakeland, Fl.. Sometimes you run in to one
in the Glades. They have passed a FL law, that swamp buggys cannot go off the
main roads anymorein the Glades. That makes it real hard on hunting the Big hogs.

I have seen a bigger Eurasian than the one in the picture I posted, on the Oversrteet
Ranch in Polk county, next to Green Swamp.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Here KS2 this might help you.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:47 PM

I hunt the Glades off of Turner River. I drive my buggy in at Concho Billie. I would love to see one of those down there. But have yet to do so!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I quess you have this information, but if not,

Florida Listings
[ul][*]Brady Ranch - Offers deer hunting, boar hunting, and turkey hunting in Florida.[*]Calhoun's Guide Service - Hunt wild boar, waterfowl, whitetail and turkeys in Florida.[*]Central Floria Trophy Hunts - Alligator, turkey, and hog hunts. Includes hunts available and contact information.[*]Cracker Swamp Preserve - Offers whitetail, osceola turkey and wild boar hunts in Florida.[*]Dixie Sportsman's Hunting Lodge - Exotic game hunts in Dixie County, Florida. Has hunts for handicapped persons. Include species hunted, prices, and photographs.[*]Edge Roberson's Hunting Adventures - Osceola turkey and wild hog hunting. Features video clips, references, and rates.[*]Everglades Adventures - Guided spring Osceola turkey hunts on private ranch in Southern Florida.[*]Extreme Hog Hunting - Wild hog hunting on over 5,100 acres of habitat in South Florida south of Arcadia.[*]Florida Cracker Outdoor Adventures - Duck, dove, snipe, and alligator hunting and saltwater flat fishing guide service.[*]Florida Hunting Guide - Guided hunting trips in Florida for deer, elk, and all other exotic hunts.[*]H&H Guide Service - Alligator hunting out of Melbourne, Florida.[*]J & R Outfitters - Hunting in Florida for whitetail deer, turkey, boar, sheep, antelope, goats, water buffalo, oryx, ibex and other exotics. Includes hunts, fees, and photographs.[*]Keith's Guide Service - Wild Boar hunting in Florida.[*]Outwest Farms - Alligator, deer, turkey, hog, and bird hunts near Okeechobee, Florida.[*]Panhandle Pointers and Outfitters - Offers quail, pheasant, and chukkar hunts, dogs sales and training.[*]Peoples Wild Hog Company - Wild Hog, deer, and turkey hunting in central Florida. Includes location, testimonials, and photographs.[*]Ross Hammock Ranch - Offers exotic game hunts in Florida.[*]Slaughter Bros. - Florida wild hog hunting.[*]Slaughter Brothers Hunt Club - A hunt club located in Florida.[*]Souther Wildlife Enterprises - Offers turkey hunts in Florida.[*]Southern Wildlife Enterprises - Osceola turkey hunting in Florida. Includes contact information and photographs.[*]Suwannee River Ranch - Offering both native and exotic game. Pricing, FAQ and contact information available. Located in Branford, Florida.[*]Wigeon Hole Florida - Privately owned duck hunting location bordering the 140,000 acre Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, and Kennedy Space Center, available for hunts.[*]Wild Hogs FL. - Hog hunting. Features reservations, directions, and rates. [/ul]
Old 08-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Hog hunting is fun! And can be done all year long (at least in South Texas anyway). The land owner that allows myself and 2 friends to hunt on his place wants us to kill as many as we can. They are destructive. They also eat most of the corn we leave for the deer and turkey. As big as the hog population is, we have not done very well simply because of all the work we are caught up in causing our time to be limited. I see the little javelinas sometimes, but mostly just these black ferals. If you can kill the small females, they seem to have the best tasting meat. We killed 4 boars one moonlit night in March and none of the meat was as good as a big female we killed last December. This is my hunting partner with the female we killed in December. Killed south of San Antonio.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Crimson, good job!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tuff Broad you are right on time with your commentary.......a domestic pig once into the wild will become wild within 2 weeks and stays that way....Hey those hawgs eat people dont they????? Also there is a difference in the snouts... im not a pigimists but I think the Domestic has a wider snout as opposed to the wild...wilds do more chin diggin . Correct me if Im wrong!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

heeze, do you believe that a domestic pig will look like a truly Eurasian
wild boar, in no time in the wild? I don't.

A true Eurasian (Razor Back)

Old 09-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey REbel...whats shakin??? Im saying become wild in the mental or instinctive sense..... not physical appearance......Rebel... you can be a pure" cut up " some times.. SMILE REB!!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I wish we had hogs with that much Eurasian in them. That is a sweet looking hog Rebel Hog. I havent seen any in my part with that much of a ridge back.

Quick Reply: Difference between hogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.