Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Difference between hogs

Old 08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Difference between hogs

whats the difference between a russian hog and a texas hog? only difference i noticed was the color of the fur and russians having that razorback. Is there really any other difference?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Difference between hogs

ORIGINAL: deerslayer223

whats the difference between a russian hog and a texas hog? only difference i noticed was the color of the fur and russians having that razorback. Is there really any other difference?
Here are some Eurasian Hogs ( not mine) from SC.
they have a longer snout and long thick hair on top of the neck.
they are usally a slate gray, salt and pepperlooking.
And alot meaner than theordinary wild boar.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Dominant Buck

These are FL piney rooters,

Wherever hogs turn up in Florida, expect them to have water close at hand. Photo by [/align]
Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

The only big difference between the two is simple, most of your wild hogs in the U.S. are simpley that just plain ole wild hogs, domestic stock that got loose years ago and breed like cockroaches.

European hogs, generally the males have shorter back legs and a more pronouced hair line on there backbone area. Another thing I have noticed which sets the different bloodlines apart is the european sows have larger eye teeth than domesticated stock...

As for there over-all attitude I have never found a mean hog , just get really mean when you have them cornerd or they scent you in the dark....
Old 08-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

and i can hnt these mean ass pigs where?
Old 08-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Well allseason, since you called me out, you have'nt seen a man cut up by
a bad @$$ eurasion. You need to come to the Fl swamps and find out for
yourself. I don't shootthem from 100yds away, we hunt them over dogs and ontop
of them. Come on down and learn how to Hog hunt the Macho way!!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Tusked and Dangerous
By Jim Zumbo
Hunting wild hogs is one of North America's top adventures.

August 2005
John Phillips was in big trouble, and there wasn’t a thing I could do about it. He had just fired a shot at a wild hog with a revolver, but the bullet didn’t strike a vital area. As John ran forward to take another shot, he tripped and fell to the ground. Suddenly the boar whirled and charged, its tusks bared. John fired three times, but the pig kept coming. Finally, his next bullet hit pay dirt. The boar skidded to a halt and died 3 feet in front of John’s nose. I stood there with an unloaded gun, watching helplessly.
In all my years of hunting, this was the closest I’ve ever come to witnessing a serious injury. I’ve been bluff-charged by grizzlies and chased by rhinos, but this sobering incident in Alabama had all the makings of big trouble. John Phillips is an outdoor reporter, and he’s still writing about that incident that happened 15 years ago.
Wild hogs are popular quarry in many parts of the country, inhabiting 19 states. Tops are Texas, California and Florida, with growing populations in Oklahoma. Hawaii also has plenty of pigs on some islands.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

pretty much all hogs in florida are either wild stock or stock that his mated with wild or part wild hogs. you can tell the ones that are mainly feral since they will usually be partially white, striped, or off colored. they are definately some mean little bugger. i relaly want to find one in my area with tusks. we've found sign of at least one but we haven't found him yet.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Deer, heres another pic of a Eurasian,

Old 08-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

A true Eurasian (Razor Back)

Quick Reply: Difference between hogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.