Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hawg hunt April 29th >

Hawg hunt April 29th

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hawg hunt April 29th

Old 05-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Hawg hunt April 29th

Well it was bound to happen. I was hunting saturday morning 6am rite at the break of day. 100yards away sat my feeder and 3 NICE hogs, all marked (meening they had been casterated or sals) and good to eat. I had my 22magnum (sighted and killed at 120yards before) and put my crosshairs behind its left ear (head faceing my left, perfcet broadside). I slow pulled the trigger CRACK, the gun fired and, NOTHING!! i racked the bolt thinking it was hit just didnt know to fall yet. CRACK, The hog hauls arse threw the trees and poof GONE. I search for over a hour for blood with nothing, following tracks DEEP into the forest. I gave up kicking myself in the ass that i hit it and it was going to run and die, a meal for the yoties. we got to camp and i decide to check my rifle just to be sure. I know my guns are DEAD on and if i put the X on it it drops. Put up a beer can on a fence post about 50yards out. MISS, again MISS. I get a sheet of plywood, put me a 1" mark and 9 inches to the right and 3" high. i was happy because i didnt hit the hog and it would be ok, BUT pissed wondering how my gun got knocked off. I told the story when i got home and my friend who went hunting the weekend before, and used my gun; said he droped it and said he figured it needed to be adjusted to the right cause the gun fell on its left. Just 2 things to you HUNTER with Buddys that dont have guns. 1 If they use your double check the X before you next hunt. 2 dont let a idiot friend like mine use your gun if he thinks falling on the left meens adjusting to the right instead of a test shot. GAWD i will never let him use a firearm again!!! Sorry for the novel
Old 05-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hawg hunt April 29th

I have several people who borrow my guns but luckily all of them have their own guns as well and take real good care of them. We are planning on going out this weekend to get a couple of hogs. Though we already have plenty in the freezer. A couple of weeks ago we had 5 in a trap at once from 70 lbs to 250 lbs.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

my friend who went hunting the weekend before, and used my gun; said he droped it and said he figured it needed to be adjusted to the right cause the gun fell on its left
Still a friend??
Old 05-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Still a friend??
after he gets my boot outta his Butt maybe =) will never use my guns again tho. that was just dumb on his part.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SHoNUFF
after he gets my boot outta his Butt maybe =) will never use my guns again tho. that was just dumb on his part.
does your friend have any offspring???? I hope not!!!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:55 PM

funny that you would say that, we found out yesterday his girlfriend of 4 weeks is pregnant and the sad part is THEY ARE TRYING and HAVE BEEN from 2 hours into there FIRST date. And worse than that he told her, i dont wanna get married till i see how your attitude is AFTER the baby is born. SOOOO i will be gettin his nice new 4wheeler (rancher loaded DOWN), and ALL his firearms when she leaves his butt and gets that child support rollin monthly. He needs to borrow 500+ a month to make ends meat as it is. so ima be gettin stuff from him easy. Ima drop his 7mm and adjust it =)
Old 05-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like neither one of them should have any kids. Though you will probably get a lot of nice things when he has to sell all his things.