Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Swift Scopes? >

Swift Scopes?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Swift Scopes?

Old 09-17-2002, 07:01 PM

Default Swift Scopes?

I’ve been wondering about Swift scopes of late. I’ve been talking to a few of the gunshops around Michigan and everyone I’ve talked to seems to think that Swift scopes are the sleeper of the scope world. As I understand they have a forever warranty and no one I’ve talked to seems to have ever heard of one coming back. So I was wondering what you all thought of them, after all, everyone I’ll talked with about them sells them, and I think I would rather have someone’s impression that wasn’t trying to sell me something. So anyway what do ya think?

Oh by the way I’m a BIG Leupold fan, through and through. So you don’t have to convince me.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Swift Scopes?

I have a Savage with one on it. It is a 4-12x50mm. It is clear and hasn't shifted point of aim (on a 7mm Rem. Mag.). I did however have a problem with mine. About 3-4 years after I bought it, the power adjustment ring locked up on me and they could do nothing with it at the shop I bought it at. But since it has a lifetime, over-the-counter warranty, they replaced it right in front of me with no questions asked. And for the couple of months I have had it, it has been wonderful.....but, after the first trip hunting with it, the cushioned eye ring poped off so I have a very sharp exposed edge if I ever misalign my eye/cheek on the stock. Well, this is all that I have to say about the scope I have. Hopefully someone else will respond with something good to say. All and all, I think that they are really good scopes and are better than some of the other scopes on the market. Hope it helps

"Clutz by Nature, Hospitalized by Fate..."

Pyral
Old 09-18-2002, 08:15 AM

I put a 3-9 on my .30-06 about seven years ago. It still holds point of aim. Never had any problems with the scope.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:28 AM

Hey steelshooter my buddies and farther use only Swift scopes. They swear by them. They are a great scopes at an affordable price.