Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
buck mark vs mark II >

buck mark vs mark II

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

buck mark vs mark II

Old 09-11-2002, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default buck mark vs mark II

what pistol is better...accuracy...feeding feel...ect....the browning buck mark or the ruger mark II? ive shot both but hte ruger was a while ago i was like 10 and new at shooting a pistol and maybe htats why my accuracy wasnt great...i shot a buck mark resently and it was a great shooter...and hte guy that owned it knew it like a book and was awsome with it...the ruger i remember it having feeding problems ect...the buck mark we shoot about 200 rds through and it was fine...im leaning towards the buckmark....sure i can fix the ruger up and make it like a target pistol but i really dont want to...i plan on getting a regular model...so what is better in your expirience?

Old 09-11-2002, 08:06 PM

Default RE: buck mark vs mark II

I've got both the buckmark and the ruger 22/45 which is the same barrel and receiver as the mk.II They both shoot awsome. I shot over 2 full bricks of cheap .22 shells through the 22/45 with out cleaning it and never had a jamb. Take your pick. You won't be sorry.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like them both. I would say pick which ever one feels best in your hand.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:06 PM

I got rid of my MKII for a 22/45 p4. feels great and shoots great. i use it as a carry gun when i'm out on the leases. i would buy another. but then again the buckmark is good gun also. take your pick

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 09-12-2002, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both are good little pistols.See which one feels the best to you.I've put many rounds through a Ruger MKII and never had a jam or misfire.If they both feel good to you I would lean toward the Ruger. There are millions of them floating around and those numbers speak for themselves... Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

figured they would be about the same....the buck mark fells better to me...only because its lighter and feels more balanced...i remember the markII being heavy in the front....i just want a pistiol i can shoot all the time cheaply to get a good form down and become deadlier with a pistol...ive been shooting pistiols for 5 years or more....but not as much as i want...and my dad hates buying 9mm or 45 for me to practice with...and i loved the buckmark i shot and he said he will get me one if i want...and my friend(who had the markII said they are better than the brownings)...thats where my question came from...but he donest take care of his guns and i never seen him shoot a buckmark and never seen him own one...and when he shot i shot with him for like 5 years up his dads camp....i think i will go with the buckmark....

Old 09-18-2002, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

you won't regret a buckmark. i have one and i would never part with it (unless it was for another one). nine of my hunting buddies have them too. the only time it has ever had a jam or feeding problem is when the sight base screws worked loose. i know that a few of us (including myself) have shot over 10,000 rounds through ours, and they have never failed. i have seen a couple in pretty dirty condition, and the still work great, but like any gun, the cleaner you keep it, the better it will be. i would steer clear from the campers though. i think browning may have cheapened them up too much. go with the standard, or micro standard, and you will be happy

T
Old 09-18-2002, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

my dads a clean freak...like father like son...i strip all my guns down and clean them even if it was a day of hunting i shot 2 rounds....i think the one he was thinking of getting me was the standard...i think it had the square barrel...thanx for the info...10000 rds is a good bit of shooting and no problems...that sounds good to me! thanx

mauser06