Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Swift scopes >

Swift scopes

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Swift scopes

Old 02-01-2002, 09:55 PM

Default Swift scopes

I was under the impression that Swift made a decent scope. However, knowing that "you get what you pay for" really applies to optics, if nothing else, are these any good? They seem awfully inexpensive if they indeed are good optics. Anyone have any experience with these?
Old 02-02-2002, 05:38 AM

Default RE: Swift scopes

I have 2 on pistols that i own.The optics are very clear and the adjustments work great.They come highly recomended by me.(even though they come in a cheesy looking box)
Old 02-02-2002, 06:46 AM
Host of Hosts

First time I ever heard of them.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:23 AM

A couple of years ago a friend that owns a local gun shop turned me on to Swift scopes. I was there looking to pick up a Leupold for one of my handguns and he suggested the Swift instead. Now I’m a Leupold man through and through and I wasn’t real crazy about trying some new scope that costs half as much as the Leupold but Leroy promised me that if I had any problems with it I could bring it back and he would refund my money. Well that was a few years ago and I’ve never had a single problem with the Swifts (I have three now). Since then I have recommended the Swift to a couple of friends that don’t want to spend as much as the Leupolds cost and both are very happy with them too. The Swift has clear optics, the adjustments work well, and it holds it’s zero well through it’s adjustments.

Am I still a Leupold man? Very much so, but when I can’t justify the cost of a Leupold I turn to Swift.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:30 AM

You can find out more infomation about Swift optics here.

http://www.swift-optics.com/index.htm
Old 02-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-03-2002, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one and it is a good scope. Like one of the posst above me my deaqler said any problems bring it back anytime and he would replace it. It is clear and doesn't fog up, yeah the box isnt pretty but its up in a closet somewhere now. For less than a $100 it is a nice scope, my next ones will be swift, too.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crawdog welcome to the board..... I never heard of Swift scopes before.With all the cheaper scopes on the market these will probably be about the same.I'll stick with Leupolds.They are proven to be a great scope.Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

My friend has a old old beat up swift that has been through hell and back on his 3006.
clear as a bell and holds a zero like no other.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:37 PM

I own 2 3x9x40 Swift scopes. Not as much eye
relief as my Leupold's, but for $100.00 each
they are great scopes. They are very clear
and hold their zero. Have never had a problem
with either one.

Quick Reply: Swift scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.