Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON? >

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Old 04-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

[I will say this,The stamped out 1100s and the 742s and 7400 would make better Boat paddles that hunting Rifles.
uh huh......I hope no one else is dumb enough to believe this.............how many people own 1100's? how many squirrels, rabbits, pheasants, turkeys, and deer have been taken with an 1100? and lastly, ....do YOU own an 1100? didnt think so[:'(]
Old 04-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Man, so many complaints about triggers. All of my guns have one and they all go BOOM when I pull it. What's the big, fat, hairy deal???? I bet some of you argue over whose vehicle has the smoother operating door handle.[8D]
Old 04-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xd9x19

Man, so many complaints about triggers. All of my guns have one and they all go BOOM when I pull it. What's the big, fat, hairy deal???? I bet some of you argue over whose vehicle has the smoother operating door handle.[8D]
obviously a comment made from someone who has never tried shooting small groups, testing reloads, or any benchrest shooting that mattered!! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you're new, but next time try not to insult some of the regular guys on here within your first 30 posts ok???[X(][X(]
Old 04-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I'm in the middle on this one. Personally I have never tried reloading my own ammo or tinkering with my rifles but that doesn't mean as long as the gun goes "boom" I'm satisfied. I do like adjustable triggers as well as bolts with a shorter throw and a gun that is well crafted and accurate. I look at it like I look at cars. Some people are content to drive a pinto with duct tape on the steering wheel as long as it gets you where you need to go. These are the "go boom and I'm happy" shooters. While others would rather drive a 69 mustang gt 500 because they enjoy the driving experience. These would be those who take great pride in their weapons and spend many days fine tuning the ammo just to get tighter groups. Personally my remington .270 is a nail driver. It shoots 1" groups at 100 yards, is very well built and doesn't rattle at all. I just find it funny that those guys driving pintos feel the need to bash those who are driving gt 500s when it's clear who has the greater knowledge of their vehicles.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, don't do any benchrest shooting that matters. I have an SKS, a 597 and the much despised 710 which I use to hunt deer. Having a finely tuned trigger is a useless feature to me. It will make no difference in whether or not I bag a deer.

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I do believe I could run several dozen people out of a deer camp by just showing them my lowly 710. As a newbie, it sometimes appears that the more experienced crew seem to expect a $300 or $400 rifle to perform wondrous feats of marksmanship....sorta like those guys in car magazines who expect minivans to go from zero to 60 in less than 6 seconds. Not going to do it because it wasn't designed with that application in mind.

Well, I don't have a Pinto, but I do have a 1996 Windstar with 171,000 miles on it. And, no, can't say I put a lot of pride in my firearms. Didn't buy them for that. Just want them to shoot straight and go boom.

Love the signature, bearklr
Old 04-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xd9x19

and the much despised 710 which I use to hunt deer. Having a finely tuned trigger is a useless feature to me.
you see that explains it, its kinda like the guy whos used to dating fat ugly chicks. (Yes Im comparing a 710 to a fat ugly chick) if you never date anybody who is smaller than the average linebacker, you just dont know what you are missing!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt reallize all these squirrels I have killed with my 1100 had heart attacks when they seen the gun rather than succumbing to lead poisoning...sheesh what an idiot I must be!! Im gonna try it as a boat paddle...I'll get back to ya....

I only have 5 1100's so I will never be out of luck on the lake!!

Some of the stuff that climbs out of the walls to post on here amazes me..
Old 04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Spike

Mossy it's funny we all had a friend at one point and time in our life who always seemed to settle for that fat chick at the local watering hole. I guess thats why you will never see me holding that double wide Remy 710 in my arms.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is what a Remington ADL used to look like. Remeber this is the economy model, not the fancy BDL. I guess a lot of things can change in 30 years.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Neighbor down the street got a nice hot chick (Rem 700 stainless something or other with synthetic stock). Got to hold it. Bolt was nice and smooth, much smoother than the 710's. Worth $200 or $300 more? Nope. At least not to me at this point. Now once the kids are grown and gone and I don't have to fund their hunting equipment, maybe. Although as long as my 710 gets the job done, don't know why I'd spend $500-$1000 on a new rifle - think I'd go to CMP and get a Garand and a 1903 Springfield first.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.