HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 12:30 PM
bearklr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

I guess I'm in the middle on this one. Personally I have never tried reloading my own ammo or tinkering with my rifles but that doesn't mean as long as the gun goes "boom" I'm satisfied. I do like adjustable triggers as well as bolts with a shorter throw and a gun that is well crafted and accurate. I look at it like I look at cars. Some people are content to drive a pinto with duct tape on the steering wheel as long as it gets you where you need to go. These are the "go boom and I'm happy" shooters. While others would rather drive a 69 mustang gt 500 because they enjoy the driving experience. These would be those who take great pride in their weapons and spend many days fine tuning the ammo just to get tighter groups. Personally my remington .270 is a nail driver. It shoots 1" groups at 100 yards, is very well built and doesn't rattle at all. I just find it funny that those guys driving pintos feel the need to bash those who are driving gt 500s when it's clear who has the greater knowledge of their vehicles.