Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning Buck Mark for $200 fair? >

Browning Buck Mark for $200 fair?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Buck Mark for $200 fair?

Old 05-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Browning Buck Mark for $200 fair?

Thanks for all the posts on the 22 pistols. The Ruger really stands out. I looked at a used Buck Mark 22 for $200 firm. The gun would grade in the 8-9 range, a really nice, clean gun, but not quite perfect.

Few comments were made about this gun, so can you comment on quality and the price? Am i equally well off with this vs. the Ruger?

thanks again.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning Buck Mark for $200 fair?

i think that sounds about right...i think they are 270 or so new if its the standard...i have one...bought it brand new in sept i think...still shoots great...my dad bought a ruger for the same price...shoots just as good after 1000s and 1000s of rounds...i dont like the way the rugers look or feel..and they are the biggest PIAes to clean properly stripping them down a decint ways...my dad taken 100s of pistols apart and i never seen him get so mad when its time to deal with it.....he only goes the whole way once in a while now...after shooting its just some scrubing of where he can get to and some gunkout...no other gun of his gets treated like that.....i can clean my buckmark atleast twice before he can finish his ruger....its a simple gun....and shoots good....fun little guns to shoot....i love mine.....find a gun blue book.....if nobody has one goto a book store and find one and take a look for the used price....i think it sounds ok...i think they are 270 or so new..not posative..but if thats what they are thats a pretty decint buy...not a steal.....but not a rip off...you cant go wrong with one if you ask me.....i havent had one problem with mine.....except a shell had a hole in it and got lodged in the chamber and was tough to get out...but we did and its fine..and wasnt the guns fault...good luck...
Old 05-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ruger' s are a little tricky to reassemble. Once you do it a few times it' s not bad.The Buckmark is a nice gun. 200.00 seems to be a fair price.Of the two mentioned I would go with the Ruger.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine had a Browning Buckmark; he kicks himself every time he remembers that he sold it. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:22 PM

THE BROWNING BUCKMARK IS AS GOOD AS ANY .22 YOU CAN OWN AND BETTER THAN MOST.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have had one for 13 years and it has performed flawlessly every time I have shot it. Excelent gun!! I would take the buckmark over the Ruger any day.

By the way I paid $230 for mine 13 years ago new.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I' d say that' s a good price, for no other reason than it' s a handgun...I always tell people when they' re looking at used guns, even if you don' t like it, there' s not many rifles in decent shape that won' t sell for $150, not many shotguns won' t go for $100, and you can always move a handgun at $200, it' s just the way things are, people expect to pay at least that much for things like that.

I' d be a toss up between the buckmark and the Ruger, usually the rugers are a little less expensive, and they usually shoot better for me (probably just because I' m more used to them). The buckmark is a better pistol, but as far as I' m concerned, it' s kind of like a .300wsm over a .300win mag, both are more than good enough, so the advantage of one is negligible. I' ve only ever had one jam in my ruger, after probably a half million rounds, and that was only because I shot it up a chimney at a coon during season last year and the bolt hit the bottom of the shaft, not allowing it to fully cycle=not allowing the ejector to function fully, it just stovepiped and I pulled it out in a second, with no problems. (now it will jam on me all day since I said that---knock on wood yall)