Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Reasons for a new rifle? >

Reasons for a new rifle?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Reasons for a new rifle?

Old 02-18-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Reasons for a new rifle?

Hey guys, I have never posted here I have really only posted in deer hunting and politics, anyway, I need a reason to tell the wife I am gonna buy a new rifle. See I have rifles in .50 cal muzzle loader,30-30, 7.62x39, and .308 - shotguns in 12 gauge defense 12 gauge hunting and 20 gauge hunting and handguns in .357 6 inch barreled revolver - .357 single action shooter, 9mm semi auto and .380 semi auto. The wife thinks thats enough but what do smart men with common sense say? I can almost hear you all saying it throughout America right now, "What!? No small caliber rifle like a .22 or .17!?!?" So, I need a reason to tell her, I don't shoot squirell or rabbit and she'll say the handguns and mini-30 are fine for plinking. I used the ammo is cheap for the mini-30 excuse while at a gun show so now I have 2000+ rounds for that. Help! All suggestions serious and comical are appreciated. Also suggestions on a small caliber rifle are welcomed. Thanks.

Metro
Old 02-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Reasons for a new rifle?

hmmmmm i don't seem to have that issue... ahhh the life of a bachelor... if the gf doesn't like it... i don't really care

good luck with the persuasion!

Jamie
Old 02-18-2005, 07:32 PM

Well you could have used the old golf club comparison, but it looks like your bag is full.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well to be truthful I just tell her what I spent and tell her to go ahead and buy what ever she wants up to that amount . May not sound like a great idea but it works both ways , sure cut down on what she was spending .
Old 02-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why tell her?
Old 02-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Metro, sound like you got it all covered. Maybe you can get her involved in shooting. Tell her you would like to buy something in a light recoil to see if she would like shooting and get her involved in the sport. Say that if you both enjoy the sport you can spend more quality time together. Might work? If she doesn’t like shooting, well you’ll have another rifle. Good Luck......
Old 02-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Congressman King once said that guns are to men like jewelry is to women. Just no such thing as too much!

The 22 hornet is cheap and fun to shoot at mid ranges!
Old 02-18-2005, 08:49 PM

When I want a new gun, I just get it! My wife doesn't know one from the other. Besides, all you have to do is remind her of all the shoes she has in the closet!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:11 PM

everybody needs a hobby yours just happens to be gun collecting and you don't have a 22 yet.tell her the mini makes your shoulder sore from shooting all day, were a 22 won't due to lack of recoil. tell her your buying it for her so she can come shoot with you.

As far as me I just buy what I want it's my hobby,I had it before I got married and am not changing because I'm married.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Why tell her?
You might be on to something here !!!

Quick Reply: Reasons for a new rifle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.