Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington Cor-lokt Ultra ammunition >

Remington Cor-lokt Ultra ammunition

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Cor-lokt Ultra ammunition

Old 01-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Spike

Default Remington Cor-lokt Ultra ammunition

Was just wondering if Rem's Cor-lokt ultra bullets are all that the guy on there website says they are, did they really figure out some way to totally remove any inconsistancy in the jacket, have any of you found them to group as tight, or tighter then ballistic tiped ammunition!??!
As I'm sure everyone knows by now I'm looking for some good bullets to try, and then see which one groups the best in my 30-06. But there are soooo many out there! I only shoot deer with that gun, and I don't reload wondering which factory load seems to be the most consistant...one more thing, no one answered this in one off my previous posts. What are the benefits to a coated bullet (moly, lubalox and so on)??? thanks again,you guys are a great help!
Old 01-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington Cor-lokt Ultra ammunition

As far as their Slugs, (Rem's Cor-lokt ultra 12ga Sabots), awesome performance in my gun. Nothing else comes close in terms of combined accuracy and trajectory. With a Savage 210 bolt action slug gun, these will group under 2" at 100yds. Although not great by rifle standards, but thats pretty good for a sabot.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:14 PM

I haven't tried 'em yet, but a friend used some Core-Lokt Ultras in his 270Win.
Very accurate. As I recall he was getting approx. 1" to 1-1/4" groups at 100yds.
He shot a doe this past fall. No problems noted. Dropped dead in her tracks!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:04 PM

I bought a new 270 a little over a year ago. And since I don't reload, I bought about 10 boxes of ammo, different manufacturers with different bullets (130-140-150) to see which grouped the best. Two tied for consistent groups at or below MOA. The Win Sup 140 Accubond and the Rem Ultra CLs 140gr. I shot 5 deer this season with the Rems. All 1 shot kills thru the chest. Of course, the accubonds would probably have done the same thing I believe. As far as I am concerned, the Rems Core-Lokts Ultras are my "go to" bullet for deer.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:19 PM

I don't see much point in usin' the ultras in a .30-06 when the standard core lokt is the best preforming .308 180 grain bullet. There was a chart in one of the shooting magazines with photos of recovered bullets fired into some recovery medium at all velocities from those obtained with a .300 Winchester Mag, up close, to a .30-40 way out there. The CoreLokt had the best after shape over the largest variation in impact velocity. The author did have it avalable on the web, for a nominal fee. I don't recall the name, maybe some website searchs find the url. [8D]
Old 01-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ran two boxes of 140 grain Corelockt ultras thru my 7 Rem mag..very impressive accuracy and probably all I need for anything on this continent if they perform like they advertize. They probably hold up better then original corelockts and that would be a good thing since the newer corelockts have a skimpier jacket on them. can't wait until they release it for reloading components and I give it a try on some wild hog.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:27 PM

-