Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Dick's Sporting goods Over and under >

Dick's Sporting goods Over and under

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Dick's Sporting goods Over and under

Old 12-08-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Dick's Sporting goods Over and under

Has anyone ever purchased one of these guns? They are around three hundred, I'm interested in purchasing but would like some feedback first.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 07:06 PM

Default RE: Dick's Sporting goods Over and under

I'm not familiar with it - who is manufacturing it for Dick's (I'll make the assumption that they are selling it under their label) -- personally I'd pass. I've got a remington 1170 and am very pleased. It is a semi-auto however, not an over under.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know that Dicks sales Stoeger O/U. I hear that they are pretty good for the price.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:25 PM
DM

Stoeger is an importer, and where they import from changes from time to time.

It seems these days a lot of shotguns are comeing from Russia, so maybe????? I know Remington is now bringing in an "low end line of guns", and they are from Russia.. Rem.. says they will be made to a higher spec. for them, so maybe it would be worth checking them out????

Drilling Man
Old 12-11-2004, 04:52 PM

stoeger is the importer.they are a subsid. of bennelli i have heard good and bad more good than bad.i talked to an employee of dicks told me he loves his. it is cheap and you don't have to be affraid if you abuse it because its not a ruger or browning that you just spent $1200 on . the worst i heard that at one time they had a batch of bad stocks that were splitting just from firing them but stoeger replaced them all at no charge of course. 6 in 1 1/2 dozen in the other. but for the $ if you get a few good years out it you cant go wrong.but if you want a gun to last you a life time . sometimes i think it better to pay. i picked up a ruger stainless o/u used for like $800 and love it takes all i can dish out to it . but it depends on cash flow like all things in life. but it if good than its an investment