Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sporting goods store ???

Old 03-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Spike

Default sporting goods store ???

Hi all this ? is for any one that would know especially those that do have a store i am looking at moving up north and the area i am going to they either have a bait shop with some fishing supplies or it is a small hunting shop i am wanting to open my own that would have everything from bait to guns and archery now my? is how do i get a hold of companys to star getting product or to see what product is available as a dealer i am not wanting a huge store but one were the sportsman can come and do a little one stop shopping and i know with all the hunters and fisherman up north it should be a good business any info greatly appreciated thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: sporting goods store ???

Hi Switch,

I don't own a store, but I did see on Bass Pro's website that they have a wholsale operation. Otherwise, just start calling the vendors who's product you want to carry.
Jake
Old 03-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sporting goods store ???

like JakeinTX said, start calling all the vendors who's products you want to carry. Also, you might want to try and contact some of the local hunting stores where you live now to try and see how they got started and to better understand the ins and outs of the business. I say the one's where ya live now because once ya move up North, the "competition" might not be so friendly when you come asking questions