Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods >

Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods

Old 06-27-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods

Here are some of the things I have found on sale at Dick's within the last year:

1) Last week, 3 EZ-Hanger~$1/each crazy uh???
2) Nov. Tranquilizer 7.25" Camo~$14.99
3)Sept. Wasp SST Boss100gr 6pk~$12.99
4)Sept. 16ft Sling SeatLadder w/ Shooting Rail~$69.99

There were several other items that were clearanced b/c of Dick's taking over Galyan's stores,but the above were not so, just on sale. If there is one in your area I would check them out. I actually drive PASS Bass Pro to get to the Dick's in the Mall of Georgia.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods

Just bought my son two packs of stinger 100 grain 2 blade heads for 8.88 a pack at Academy. That's almost half of what our store gets them for wholesale.[8D]

I wish Galyans hadn't sold out to Dicks. The stores sure were a heck of a lot nicer and carried more hunting stuff when they were Galyans. At least the ones I have been to.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't doubt it. Walmart has similar sales after hunting season has concluded. Our local Dick's just had some sort of sidewalk/tent sale this past weekend but I did not have a chance to attend. I wonder what bargains I missed.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Our local Dick's has never really impressed me that much , but once in awhile you can score a good deal . This Fall they'll have to move down the street to their new location since the second largest Bass Pro Shops in the country is currently being built in half of the mall that they're currently located in .
Old 06-28-2005, 07:02 AM

Personally, I don't think I would go back to Dick's if they were giving stuff away. Since replacing Galyan's, the hunting department has gone from a quarter of the floor space to two short aisles. It's really pathetic.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Dicks...yep. My local one is poop.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our local Dicks is a joke. Their hunting/fishing department is about 30x30...and their prices aren't great.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went today looking for camo burlap for some stands I am building. While I was there I scored on a pair of scent lok gloves and a savannah scent lok coverall for $90 together. There were lots of other smoking deals too, but I left before I spent any more money.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:53 PM

Yep I deffinetly agree with NY Harvester there are 3 in the Syracuse area and they all have the same snoty attitude.
I have not been there in 3 yrs They didn't have time to help me with any possible bow selection .. I walked in there planning on purchasing everything needed to start over new,treestand,bow and all the accesories,even camo.Needles to say i left emptyhanded ,
so i came home and ordered everything i needed from Cabelas .
Now we have a Gander Mountain in the area walked in there and left almost as fast , they had hired some of Dicks snoty employees.
So now i go to BassPro or oder from Cabelas.
I don't even know anbody that does still shops at Dicks
Bill
Old 06-29-2005, 04:38 PM

i have niether of those stores in the DFW area

Quick Reply: Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.