Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Finishing Touch >

Finishing Touch

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Finishing Touch

Old 11-27-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Finishing Touch

Ok, I finally made up my mind and decided to go with the Winchester Mod 70 classic featherweight in .270. Should be coming in tommorow at Walmart. I am strongly leaning toward an Elite 3200 3x9x40 scope. Should I go w/ the Firefly recticle or not?
Next question.... What type of scope mount/rings should I put on it? I know nothing about this part of the setup. Where should I go to buy it when I decide? I noticed Walmart had some, but didnt know if they were high quality or not.
Finally... I do not have any rifle cleaning supplies... can someone recommend a package deal that will give me all I need to keep my new gun in good shape?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2004, 04:55 PM

Default RE: Finishing Touch

i have the 3200 3-9x on my 77/22. its a sweet scope. i have the standard duplex reticle and it is easy to see even when it gets dark. im not sure about the rings, but whichever ones you get, i would lap them. midwayusa sells a kit for doing that. it is worth it to keep your scope straight and scratch free in case u want to mount it on a different rifle later down the line.