Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Santa came early. >

Santa came early.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Santa came early.

Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Santa came early.

Not really I quess but I went over to Scheels all Sports in Fargo today and picked up a couple scopes for hunting season this year. One is a Scheels Hunter. 4.5x14X42. They have a lifetime over the counter replacement warranty which they claim they seldom have to do. They have had great success with them for the past few years that they have carried them. The other is one I am very familar with as I have a few already. Its a Simmons 2.8x10x44 Aetec. Clearest scope I have ever seen at any price and the others I have are tough as nails. The 4x14 is going on my Browning A-bolt Stalker in 308. The other will go on a just finished up sporterized 6.5x55 Swedish mauser with a new synthetic stock. It has an old 25 year old tasco world class scope on it now. Its been a good scope but the eye relief is very fusy. It brought home a lot of big game meat though for 40 bucks. Both scopes came with sunshades. I had them both on layaway. Come on fall.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Santa came early.

Gosh, James B, from what I remember of Wall, SD you can use alot of glass out there! We just got a Scheels out here and they take trades. Any idea how they are on horse trading? I lost the old business that used to stand by me.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have done a world of buying and trading with several Scgheels stores. They are good to deal with and stand by thier products. I have some land North of Wall SD in the chyenne river breaks. Great Mule deer country. I have dealt with Scheels in Rapid City, Fargo, Bismark, Sioux Falls and Great Falls. They play hail to the chief when I come into the one in Sioux Falls.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's good to know. I have been on many convoys and actually stopped at Wall, SD. I hope they didn't mind all the troopies needing soda pop and chips. Well, we weren't very partial to MRE's anyway.