Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 02-22-2002, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wolf ammunition

I have quite a bit of experience with wolf's in 7.62x39mm hp's. I think that it is very..."inconsistant." I can shoot through one box, and not hit a dang thing, but then the next box will be as accurate as my .30-06. When I only pay $2 a box for high powered rifled shells, I don't think that I'm doing too bad. I don't use them for hunting, other than close coyotes and squirrels, but they are great for just playing with.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2002, 05:20 PM

Anyone know where to buy Black Hills ammo on the internet for a good price? $12 for 50 cartridges sounds like a good deal, I haven't found that kind of price on the internet.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:14 AM

Wolf ammo is crap. If you like putting Mexican gasoline in your engines, then run Wolf ammo through your guns. Same difference.

In Russia, where the stuff is made, they have no quality control of the stuff. I've seen several "squib" rounds in 45acp and 9mm as well as one over charged round in 45acp, causing a Glock's magazine well to bust apart and the magazine blowing out the bottom along with the magazine floor plate blowing off the bottom too.

Suit yourself. I prefer to use a better quality factory ammo with my expensive guns. However I must say, the stuff must work for some people or it wouldn't sell.

Edited by - Hk45USP on 02/26/2002 11:12:03
Old 02-26-2002, 04:12 AM

Just to clarify, the blue box Black Hills ammo that everyone is talking about are "factory reloads" and not new brass. That is not a bad thing necessarily as I have found they shoot very consistant. If you have a concern about using reloads however you might want to avoid these.
The only "concern" that I have about those Black Hills is that although they shoot consistant, they shoot consistantly high in my rifle. The Wolf also shoots consistant but more in line with the Remington and Winchester .223 ammo. If you are loading and/or practicing for defense or hunting AND you know that you will be using only Black Hills that's fine.
I have used the Wolf ammo and will continue to do so as it has performed flawlessly for me. My friends have fired tens of thousands of rounds of it without a single problem. It is very popular due to the low cost. It is probably mass produced as a result which would cause you to expect the odd problem. In my experience I HAVE had problems with the odd Remington round. Can't say the same about Wolf.
One thing the military has right is the idea of training in real world environments using real world equipment. Practice with what you will use.
Either way have fun and be safe.