HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2002, 04:12 AM
Mainehunter

Default RE: wolf ammunition

Just to clarify, the blue box Black Hills ammo that everyone is talking about are "factory reloads" and not new brass. That is not a bad thing necessarily as I have found they shoot very consistant. If you have a concern about using reloads however you might want to avoid these.
The only "concern" that I have about those Black Hills is that although they shoot consistant, they shoot consistantly high in my rifle. The Wolf also shoots consistant but more in line with the Remington and Winchester .223 ammo. If you are loading and/or practicing for defense or hunting AND you know that you will be using only Black Hills that's fine.
I have used the Wolf ammo and will continue to do so as it has performed flawlessly for me. My friends have fired tens of thousands of rounds of it without a single problem. It is very popular due to the low cost. It is probably mass produced as a result which would cause you to expect the odd problem. In my experience I HAVE had problems with the odd Remington round. Can't say the same about Wolf.
One thing the military has right is the idea of training in real world environments using real world equipment. Practice with what you will use.
Either way have fun and be safe.