Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How many of you still.............. >

How many of you still..............

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How many of you still..............

Old 05-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many of you still..............

Danny45 and R-R got it.
Why would I want to buy a mini-14 if I can't buy factory hicaps for it, and the founder of the company being against the sale of them also?

I can just imagine a guy going through the trouble and expense of acquiring an Ruger AC556 and then finding out What the ....? Ruger doesn't like citizens having the4 availability of magazines biger than 10 rds?

Ruger's quality is high and far better than S&W and many other gun makers imho, but are near the bottom of the list of companies I will by from.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a little surprised at some of the feelings here. I fully support making a point at the expense of someones profit margin....but S&W sold out the sportsman/2nd amendment enthusiast....changed hands....changed hands again...and people are avoiding the product to make a point...to whom?
Ruger...one of the premier American gun makers, had an owner/inventor that felt the availability of hi-capacity mag's were not in the best interest of the country...you can disagree with him and try to make your point by not buying...but your cuttin off your nose to spite your face when you avoid the Ruger line of firearms..they're among the finest in the world.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:31 PM

Further to what 8mm/06 just posted, please take a moment and read the press release I posted earlier 7 or 8 posts up. We should all be thanking Ruger everyday for their efforts and contributions on behalf of the entire gun community. IMHO. gg.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:50 PM

8mm-06 and Goodguy,

I have no problem w/ Ruger. I was just replying with the incident that was somewhat controversial when it happened. Unlike the deal that Smith & Wesson made, it was kept relatively quiet.

As far as hi-cap mags go, I don't see where a 15 round magazine has any real advantage over a 10 round magazine. Especially since I carry a .45 acp and the largest mags I have are 8 rounders. I'd rather learn to be good and accurate with those eight, than spray and pray with 15. If I feel the need to have more than 8 rounds, I just carry extra magazines with me. But I'd sure like to be the one making the choices.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not against hi-capacity mags...I like'em and find them fun....but haven't found much use for them so far except to have a little fun at the range.......
And I have no problem taking a manufacturer to task for their poor stance.....I just don't see much point in continuing after the effectivness is over and past.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:37 PM

Keep smiling. At least you have a choice. Here magazine capacity for centre fire semi-auto rifles is restricted to 5 and for semi-auto pistols it's restricted to 10. [:@] gg.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm kind of a 2nd amendment purist. The point of owning guns is for protection of person, property and country. Restricting magazine size is a slap in the face to people like me who still believe in the importance of the 2nd amendment. If you ever needed to use a weapon in such a circumstance having a 30 rd magazine could give you a decisive advantage over being limited to a 10 rd, any company that sees differently is no friend of mine. If I wanted to buy a carbine and had the choice between a Bushmaster, a company that certainly will produce hi-cap magazines if and when the AWB expires and a Ruger Mini-14 whose company will not, the choice is simple.

On theother hand, if I were to buy a revolver, I certainly would buy a Ruger, I think they make the finest revolvers for the money.

On the same note, I'm not that fond of Colt either since a few years ago when they decided to gear their sales away from civillian sales. I would certainly like a Colt Anaconda or H-BAR, a couple of examples of very high quality firearms that were leaders in their respective industries, but one is no longer made, and the other is rarer than a hen's tooth. Even their new 1911's are difficult to get your hands on. This maybe not a political move by the company as much as a business decision, but if they are going to turn their back on consumers, then I'm going to turn my back on them.

S&W- I still hold a little grudge for them, but when they announced the new .500 S&W I had to say "Hell Yeah" even though I won't ever have a use for one.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

At the risk of sounding dumb[8D], what exactly did S&W do?
Old 05-10-2004, 12:33 PM

PA Hunter;
There is no such thing as a dumb question. Sometimes, though, there are dumb answers.

Check out the link below. It'll give you the background on S & W's dirty deed. gg.

http://www.tsra.com/S&Wcaves.htm
Old 05-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Briman

On the same note, I'm not that fond of Colt either since a few years ago when they decided to gear their sales away from civillian sales. I This maybe not a political move by the company as much as a business decision, but if they are going to turn their back on consumers, then I'm going to turn my back on them.

Briman My dealer was telling me a few months ago that Colt was going back into making guns for the civilian market.This remains to be seen.
Ruger Redhawk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.