Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I hate gun stores! >

I hate gun stores!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I hate gun stores!

Old 04-14-2004, 05:24 PM

Default RE: I hate gun stores!

I too hate gun stores - at least for the most part. It's not because of the product they sell, that I like, but because of the arrogance and attitude displayed by most clerks on that side of the counter. In my experience in most cases getting help or information beyond the bare minimum on a particular item or product is like pulling teeth. However. they are quite skilled at communicating an unwillingness to say or do anything beyond the bare minimum. Not all but most. The exception is a rare breed and hard to find. I know of two who are the exception and that's where I do my shopping. gg.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:45 PM

I have that problem here as well. First time I went to S.W. I asked to look at a Marlin 450 guide gun. The clerk told me they didn't make it yet. I then told him could I look at the short level action on the shelf, he handed me a Marlin 450 guide gun. I said this is the gun you said they didn't make yet! The same store different guy I ask to see a Handy Rifle, same answer we will be getting them in about a month from now. There were 9 of the guns behind him. Same store I called to see if they had a Redding powder measure, "No sir, we have an RCBS but no Redding. I felt work drove to the place and handed the guy one off his shelf. I thought to my self I should open a gun shop where people can come and ask to see a rifle and be told here one is. I don't know everything about guns but I know 95% more then the guy behind the counter.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

I love them, It's my wife that hates them ...
Old 04-16-2004, 06:47 AM

Yes I am an ADDICT, it is terriable when I think I have every firearm that I need,then something new comes along, like the 17 then the 204 when will it end , I LOVE EM ALL,I can't stop. I quit smoking 24 years ago,and that was easy, but this gun thing I can't quit. SOME ONE HELP ME !!!!!! But not untill I get my 204. Dose any one else have this problem???
Old 04-16-2004, 06:56 AM

O, sorry, everytine I think about getting a firearm I get a little carried away. YES,I stop at all gun store,gun shows,gun factorys,heck if there is a new staplegun on the market I will have to get it!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dislike them so much that I am headed there as soon as I get off the board .I am getting the hi-vis sights for my 870 for turkey.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster
I do, but I also have a legit prob with gunstores besides your three, most of the sales guys around here are opinionated dinks, they are very little help.
The more one knows about guns etc., the more of an "expert" he becomes! Some of these types are uinsufferable. But I don't know which is worse, the local "expert" or the discount store moron who knows nothing at all!