Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ** Shooting a "Home Invader"?? ** >

** Shooting a "Home Invader"?? **

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

** Shooting a "Home Invader"?? **

Old 04-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ** Shooting a "Home Invader"?? **

Easy Danny........

She's any woman you want her to be,(But she's got clothes on), she's just broken into your house and you meet her halfway up your stairs.

Does the Bigger/Smaller thing change now? Does the law look at it differently now? Would some of you guys be as quick to empty a clip into HER? She's is doing the exact same thing the guy was in the first example.............And I know we've all seen a few women in our days that would scare the bejeepers out of any of us[:-].......this is just an average female who has broken into your home and she's non-compliant and you don't know HER intentions.

Does this make you think a little more?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:16 PM

Lock & Load!

For an interesting read, go to your respective states web site containing the General Statutes. There you will find specific law - in legalease - regarding this very topic. Here's the link to CT General Statues: http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2003/pub/...#Sec53a-20.htm

Reads like I thought, if you reasonably believe that the intruder is imminently going to do harm, cause arson, etc. the use of deadly force is legal. In any case, there are two legal scenarios; criminal prosecution & civil liability = prosecutor or family - different burdens altogether, in the scenario first described in this thread, i like my chances after the double tap.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:39 PM

If you wound em, they'll sue
Old 04-07-2004, 05:44 AM
Dominant Buck

If they enter my home illegally they pose a threat to me and my wife already whether they have something in their hand or not . Once inside they don't get to choose my response , I do . If they don't leave as ordered they will be there when the cops arrive . When in doubt empty the magazine , it indicates a panic stricken homeowner who feared for his safety .