Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 This really sucks >

This really sucks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

This really sucks

Old 03-25-2004, 08:18 PM

Default This really sucks

I have posted about ten different things on what shotgun is good, well i think that this is the last one, becasue wednesday i go to get one at cabelas. I know that i do not want a remington. I have 500 maybe 600 dollars to spend on a gun. I need some advise browning, benelli, beretta (if there is a cheap enough one), franchi, ithica, anything that makes a good pump or auto-loader. This is so frustrating becasue i will narow it down and then more will pop up. I didnt know picking out a gun would be so hard to do, I will mainly hunt turkey, but sume upland and waterfowl maybe.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:48 PM

Default RE: This really sucks

Wil that benelli nova would be the one for me good luck
Old 03-26-2004, 12:23 AM

Yep, I'd have to go with the Benelli Nova as well. I've got a Super Black Eagle myself though i didn't have to pay for it. It was my brother's before he died. My step-father-in-law (whew, long title!) has a Nova and I borrowed it once. Shoots like no other pump I've ever shot before! Smooth as a prom queen's thighs!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

For the money the winchester Super-X2 is the most versatile 3.5" gun you can buy. Mine will cycle just about anything, and is a soft shooter. But, you're still talking about over $700 new. I love my Beretta 391, too and it'd be my pick for a 3" gun, but you're looking at $800 or so. I believe Beretta makes a gun called the 3901, which is a cosmetically altered 390 (the 391 predeccessor, and one of the best 3" auto's ever designed) and makes it available to Beretta dealers (this is a similar gun to the Wal-Mart Beretta). I think it sells for around $550, but I'm not sure.

Gordon
Old 03-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

There is nothing wrong with any of them. I like Ithica, but have a mossberg. I spent a whole lot less than you are going to and the mossberg has been great.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

steve - don't focus on price alone. The most important aspect of a production shotgun is "does it fit you". It wouldn't pay you to get a $600 pump gun and can't hit anything with it. I'd suggest you go to the gun shop or Cabelas, or wherever, pick out 2 or 3 that you like and can afford and try them for fit.
Close your eyes, throw up the gun, open ur eyes, - you should be looking right down the barrel. Pic an object out in the diatance and throw the gun up, it should point right at it. If both of these dont happen, that gun doesn't fit you. Try another.
Some Beretta O/Us fit me good, others dont. As for pumps and autoloaders - the Remington's fit me the best. Unfortunately even better than the Benellis.