Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This Sucks!

Old 02-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default This Sucks!

I am reading and talking to people who are buying and shooting their new bows, all different brands of course. Well I am still waiting for my new bow to come in. About 3 weeks ago I called Mathews directly just to find out when they will ship any left hand SB out. They told me they are running about 1 to 2 months behind! They are getting 10,000 Switchback orders a month, WOW. They did tell me that they always make and ship right handed orders first on new bows in the line up, and that when they get enough left hand orders in they will make up a batch and ship them out. The good news is that because they are running behind that they will ship the lefty's sooner than expected. They will not worry about meeting their left hand order quota, so as not to loose customers who are tired of waiting. But as of last night I talked to my local dealer and he is still waiting. As of last week he has sold 50 or so of right hand Switchbacks and some of them are waiting for their bow to be shiped too, but so far there are 2 of us who are buying lefty's. Sigh oh well I should be use to it by now and just thank my lucky stars that the bow manufactures are lot more aware of us leftes than rifle manufactures. The majority of rifles are not offered in left hand and for good resson too, because their are so few of us overall. But that still doesn't seem fair if you happen to be left handed. Like a said before,,,it just sucks,,,,if my bow was in right now, I would be able to shoot in a lot, because of down time with work right now. I work construction with my brothers, we own our bussiness. My wife is sure happy that I can help out with the house and our kids with the extra time that I have right now. But I know I could do that too and still make a few trips down to the indoor range and let a few arrows fly with my new bow. I'll shut up now but its nice to vent every now and then, and now is one of those times. Thanks Jaons
Old 02-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This Sucks!

Since its a lefty I'll be waiting outside and get it before you. You should of gotten us two.
I know what you mean, its like tring out archery accessories and you have to buy them before you try them and then find out you don't like it and now you've got an archery box that is loaded with left handed stuff you don't want. Yepper, it sucks. I know you'll appreciate it that much more when it comes in, good luck with it and keep us posted on how the south paw is doing with it, Bobby

>>>>>>>>>--------PROUD MEMBER OF THE ELITE 8------------------>
Old 02-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

121553, Have you learned to shoot right handed just so you can try out new products before you buy? I have learned to do so. I am not the best shot accuracy wise shooting right handed, but at least I can shoot dfferent bows to get a genral feeling for how they will shoot. It also depends on the shop, I have been to a few out of town shops that don't know me. Mostly it been in Salt Lake City becsue of all the time we have spent down their at doctors visits for my son. When I tell them I am left handed but want to try shooting such and such of bow in the right hand, they sometimes will not let me. Stating reasons that they don't want a dry fire or something else happening because I am not used to shooting right handed. When I have been told that I just say oh well I am not going to put my money down on a bow that I can't shoot today. I was ready to pay in full today but I understand your rules. I am sure that such and such of shop accross town will let me shoot right handed bow before I'll buy and order their left hand, have a nice day! I know that is mean and not true because I would never buy from out of town, because of warenty and service reasons. But they don't know where I am from and I wonder if I was a local if they would let me anyway? Hopefully I helped my fellow left hand bowhunters out who did live around their localy! Who knows?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I feel your pain. I taught myself to shoot righty so I could try some bows out but found that it just doesn't feel the same. Too bad you didn't order a BowTech. I just received mine last week. Good luck, hope you get your new baby soon.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:22 AM

I got tired of trying to get left handed bows, so I just switched and shoot all right handed now. It took a little while but once you get used to it its no problem.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Idaho, I struggle just to shoot left handed, I don't even know if I can pull a bow back RH. [:@] I am left eye dominate anyway. Its a pain alright because dealers only stock what sells and that'll be right hand equipment, and as far as a dealer not letting me shoot a bow before buying it, they can kiss my royal arse, I'll take my money elsewhere. Being a south paw it seems like you gotta sell yourself short and settle for less which really sucks.[:@] Bobby
>>>>-------PROUD MEMBER OF THE ELITE 8------------->
Old 02-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta tell ya all something funny now. Just a bit ago (after ID posted all of this) the bow shop called to let him know that his bow came in. What happened? He's gone already.... out the door.... history..... vamooshed!!! LOL So he finally got his wish!! Just as long as when he comes home he doesn't try to replace me in his bed with the bow.... [>:] I could see it happening!!! [:@][&:]
Old 02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hikchick, Tell him we expect a full report this evening. I am glad he got his bow soon than he expected.
You should go out & buy one for yourself.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from my archery shop, I got good news and bad news well kind of bad news. So first the bad, the bow that came in was not my draw length I have a 30" draw. Crap, There were three left hand SB on order from this shop. Two SB are comming with all the set of different size cams to fit any draw length. That way he can order just a few more left hand bows for this year and if he doesn't have the right draw lenght for someone, then he can switch them out to fit them. The third bow is not purchased yet and the owner wants to keep it in the shop for leftys to shoot as a demo. Its a 28" draw lenght because he wanted it in the middle of 26" and 30" That way all leftys shoud be able to shoot it and get a feel for what the bow is like. All three bows were ordered at the same time. So when he called me up today and asked me are you ready to shot a left hand Switchback? I was like heck ya and out the door I went assumeing that he was meaning that my bow was in. Well all that came in was the 28" demo bow, but the good news is that he has been told that the other two bows will be here by the end of next week for sure. Thats a whole lot sooner than I expected and when they come in I will give everyone a report. I did get to shoot the 28" LH SB for awhile and even though its the wrong draw length for me wow is it smooth. It didn't have a sight on it, but was outfitted with a Rip Cord drop away rest. Still its one smooth quiet bow! I keep everyone informed. Jason

Quick Reply: This Sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.