Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
North American Arms????? >

North American Arms?????

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

North American Arms?????

Old 02-14-2002, 01:11 PM

Default North American Arms?????

I have a North American Arms Mini-Revolver in .22LR while this is by no means a target pistol. I'm not happy with it's accuracy compared to other "pocket" pistols I've owned. I at least expect it to hit something on a large combat silhouette target at 25yds. No real groups mind you just to pepper the chest area but this thing won't even cut the paper at that range. I bought the thing because they have a rep. for being accurate for such a tiny gun and I shot a friends that grouped better than this one. I'm getting ready to trade this thing off for another Berreta 21A. Anyone else have a good or bad experience with North American Arms products????
Old 02-14-2002, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Arms?????

The NAA mini revolvers are "belly guns" you can't expect them to be accurate at 25 yards. One reason is they are so small you are probably pulling off target each time you sqeeze the trigger. I had a buddy that got shot with one of those things at about 15 yards in a parking lot outside of a bar. He ended up beating the crap out of the guy who shot him. The bullet lodged just under the skin and only served to make him very angry. The guy emptied the gun and only hit him once. That was a lucky shot since the range on those things was meant to be about the width of a table.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:36 PM

Default RE: North American Arms?????

No, I was not pulling off target. I've had 2 Berreta 21A's in the past and was easy to get a 10" group off hand at 25yds with them. I also mentioned shooting an identical one before that belongs to a friend of mine and it's more accurate than this one. I do know they are hard to hold steady, got to hold with my thumb and fore-finger, and squeeze the trigger with my lefthand's forefinger. I've also shot an AMT backup in .45ACP that had no sights and got it to group. I've shot enough "belly guns" and "pocket" pistols to know that they can be more accurate than they appear to be in most cases. This is a gun I returned to the factory because some bullets were key-holing, supposedly they put on a new bbl. Today was the first day at the range since I got it back. I might try a few other ammo brands though, since a 5/8" bbl may be extra finicky about what .22's it likes! Still I'm thinking about going back to Berreta since I want to have one again anyway.

Edited by - BigEd on 02/14/2002 19:38:04