Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
TORONTO shooting range.... >

TORONTO shooting range....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TORONTO shooting range....

Old 02-11-2002, 06:34 AM

Default TORONTO shooting range....

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a place close to Toronto to try my first rifle. I checked several gun clubs but you would have to become a member in order to gain access to range. Is there a place in southern Ontario where I could go and pay for time I need to use range without becoming member?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2002, 12:06 PM

Default RE: TORONTO shooting range....

I think your going to have a hard time finding a range that will let you rent time, they survive because of the membership. I know of only 3 rifle ranges near Toronto, one is in Cambridge off Hwy 25 and 9th concession (can't remember the name), the other is in the Niagara/St. Catherine's area (no idea where it's located, but I have heard it refered to as Silverado???) and the last is the Oshawa Gun Club off of Ritson Rd and Coates (not 100% sure of the location). Sorry I can't be more specific. I would try emailing the clubs to see if a member would help you out.

Its a pain in the butt to sight in a gun around Toronto, most hunters wait till they head up to camp but that doesn't provide practice time.

I haven't looked into the costs but I hear its a good buck.

Good Luck,
Old 02-11-2002, 03:45 PM

If your ever down in the Trenton area, there is a range on the north side of the 401 between Brighton and Trenton. It's on conservation land and it's open to the public. No charge. No shooting on Sundays until 12 PM. E.mail me for exact directions. They have four benches, covered and it's about 200-250 yds long.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:22 PM

1st_lite,
Trenton would be great...
Only small problem, I couldn't see your email address in you profile. How to reach you ?

Thanks to everyone

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
If your ever down in the Trenton area, there is a range on the north side of the 401 between Brighton and Trenton. It's on conservation land and it's open to the public. No charge. No shooting on Sundays until 12 PM. E.mail me for exact directions. They have four benches, covered and it's about 200-250 yds long.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 02-11-2002, 07:39 PM

zxbear,
you got mail.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:19 PM

Thanks for email,
this looks great...

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
zxbear,
you got mail.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 02-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2002, 05:06 AM

I got some feedback on the Oshawa Gun Club, it looks like there is a $200 initiation fee and an annual fee of approx. $180. Sounds like the Trenton Range is the ticket though.

Good Shooting,
Old 02-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

1st or zx, could I get those directions???
Thats on the way to my camp and sounds handy since we don't even have any 50yrd clearings where I hunt.
Pls mail me: [email protected]
Old 02-12-2002, 05:51 PM

tschaef,
you got mail.

Quick Reply: TORONTO shooting range....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.