Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 T\C handgun scopes? >

T\C handgun scopes?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T\C handgun scopes?

Old 02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default T\C handgun scopes?

I want to scope my encore 454 barrel and I was wondering if anyone has experience with the T\C scopes. Does anyone know if T\C makes there scopes or does someone else? Are these scopes durable enough to handle heavy 454 handloads, do they have good eye relief, and is the clarity comparible to other high quality scopes? Other than the possibilty of the T\C scopes could anyone recommend any other scopes that have quality optics and the durability to handle the punisment from the 454?
Thanks.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: T\C handgun scopes?

I've owned a couple of their 2.5-7X variables and they seem to be decent scopes. Eye-relief was good and they have decent clarity. Their warranty claims that they're shock-proof, but I can't confirm that because the barrels I had them on were not big on recoil. As for others, I can confirm that the Leupold and the Nikons are great. I have a Nikon 1.5-5X on barrels in 444Marlin and 45-70 and have a Leupie 4X on a 450 Marlin and both have stood up to the recoil. Another thing to consider, get a good set of mounts. Leupolds are good, but even better, are the 3 or 4-ring setups from SSK Industries.(TSOB's) Believe me, they do make a difference.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:23 PM

I owned a S&W 629 Classic with a TC scope. I only had the gun a year or so, but the TC seemed to hold it's zero and was a decent all around scope. It didn't have the eye relief of a Leupold, but it was adequate.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I've considered the leupold 4X 28mm. I assume that a fixed power would be more durable because of the fact that it has less moving parts (not for sure). I wonder if I'll miss the luxury of the variable scope when shots get longer although I usually set my self up to have shots within a 100 yards even with a rifle, mainly because of the areas that I hunt so I'm not sure if I need more than a 4X. Another concern is if I would be better off with a 32mm objective (variable power) over a 28mm objective (fixed power) when it comes to target acquisition and light gathering in low light conditions.
thanks.