Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Beretta or Benelli >

Beretta or Benelli

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Beretta or Benelli

Old 02-24-2004, 10:42 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Beretta or Benelli

due to the Benelli's interanal system, they have some issues cycling low power field loads. But I see alot my duck hunting friends love them. Too me, I guess it a "if you got the money type thing." I like the browning gold over both of them. I shoot the berretta alot and it can run three rounds at a goose in what seems like 2 sec. Currently this year, been using a 1187 premier. Never had a problem, but its not like my gold. I like that quick load feature of the gold when you need that last shell to finish off a bird. Remember, more expensive doesn't always mean its better. Especially in this case.

Old 02-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Benelli Super 90 and a Beretta 391 Urika. Both are good guns. If pheasant hunting is your mainstay then a 2 3/4 inch shell is all you will ever need. Further even if I am hunting turkeys a three inch shell is more than adequate. I have owned the 3 1/2 inch shooters and for ME it was overkill in every area, especially the pocket book and recoil.

It is hard to beat the Beretta 391 Urika in my opinion with its slim lines and easy handling characteristics. I have no problem cycling 1 1/8 ounce shells at the sporting clays range all day. In my opinion it is exceptionally balanced. For me when on the course there is also a noticeable felt difference in recoil between my Benelli and Beretta. In a hunting situation however I doubt that it would be noticeable.

Good luck.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:33 PM

to clear up any confusion, my sbe cycles 2 3/4 in high brass every time; the only thing it doesnt like are the low powered, low brass game loads.

also

One problem with the Benelli is that if the cocking handle gets bumped back the bolt will turn, thus causing you to not be able to fire the gun without resetting the bolt.
The only Beretta SBE I've ever shot didn't kick out 2 3/4 trap loads. It was essentially a single shot.

which is which; there is no such thing as a beretta super black eagle (as far as i know)
Old 02-25-2004, 12:59 PM

obby1,
Franchi is made by Benelli. The two guns look similar. I myself own an SBE and wouldn't take for it. This past waterfowl season my brother-in-law and some friends went to the duck blind and the goose fields. While hunting Geese in the sandy peanut fields, one friend of ours had an SBE and was sitting right beside me, his gun was jamming because of the fine gritted sand but mine was cycling like a champ. The SBE is a dam fine gun and just keep in mind that it is ALL in how you clean it and what you clean it with. I only wiped mine down for about a month only because my dog stepped on it and got mudd down in the action. But while the mudd was still in the action during the hunt, it never failed me one time. Matter of fact, it has never failed not once. Even shooting low brass 1 1/8 ounce loads through it. I guarantee you you will not be disappointed in a Benelli SBE. BTW, if you look on Benelliusa.com you will find at the bottom of their site a link to Franchi. Franchi also has a link to Benelliusa on their site as well. In case anyone is wondering what I clean my guns with, it's BreakFree with CLP and for the bore I use Synthetic Nitro Solvent to improve velocity. Good luck!