Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
benelli or beretta >

benelli or beretta

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

benelli or beretta

Old 02-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default benelli or beretta

Who makes a better shotgun benelli or beretta?
Old 02-13-2002, 01:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: benelli or beretta

I'm a big fan of Benelli because they have never failed me once in the field and they get stepped on, wet, mucky, and dumped around all day. I know a guy who owns and shoots a beretta for duck hunting and it jams at least once every 20 shots and he's to worried about getting a tinny little scratch on it and or getting it dirty than shooting ducks and geese.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!
Old 02-13-2002, 05:37 AM

Both excellent guns, I would go with the Beretta, but it sounds like your talking about the semi-autos. Semi's can be a pain if not maintained properly. I believe Beretta actually owns Benelli, but I may be wrong.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

I love Bereta, just cant spell it ever.......If you want a great deal on an al390 silver mallard, I have a brand new one never shot, with chokes and a 26" barrel, pretty wood, no box, for only $600 and I will pay shipping! email me at [email protected]
Old 02-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

If you want the ultimate reliability in a semi-auto used in extreme field conditions then get the benelli. This is not a knock against beretta because they make very fine firearms and I really like their double barrels, but the benelli wins when it comes to reliabilty in extreme conditions.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:36 PM

You might want to look at the beretta ES100 pintail semi-auto. It's virtually the same action as the benelli super black eagle but it's around half the price, $500 vs. $1000. The ES100 only handles 3" shells vs. 3.5" with the SBE. That was part of the agreement when benelli let beretta use their design, no 3.5" to compete with their SBE. Beretta does own benelli.
Old 02-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

The way I see it Beretta makes the best gas operated semi-auto in the world, and Benelli does the same for a recoil operated semi. Just depends on what you want, I prefer the Beretta, I think it is advanced enough that with proper maintenance it is as reliable a gun as there is (look to the shooting sports to check for reliability, these guys put thousands of rounds per year through a shotgun and the Beretta is one of the most popular guns out there). I believe the "Inertia system" as Benelli calls it was originally designed by Beretta, and they didn't think a recoil operated gun would go over, boy were they wrong. Both are excellent guns I just prefer the gas system.

Gordon
Old 02-14-2002, 07:51 AM

Both great guns,but id have to go with the benelli super black eagle.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Host of Hosts

BENELLI

Quick Reply: benelli or beretta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.