Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need FFL to buy AR-15 post-bans?Also FFL question >

Need FFL to buy AR-15 post-bans?Also FFL question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need FFL to buy AR-15 post-bans?Also FFL question

Old 02-03-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Need FFL to buy AR-15 post-bans?Also FFL question

I have a question: My dad is looking into buying an AR-15 pattern gun for varmints and plinking. As I was looking around the Net for AR-15 makers, I found that Armalite and Rock River Arms require an FFL to purchase weapons from their company. Do you need an FFL to buy from DPMS, Bushmaster, Olympic Arms??? Also, how hard is it to acquire an FFL? thanks

slayer
Old 02-03-2004, 05:46 PM

Default RE: Need FFL to buy AR-15 post-bans?Also FFL question

First ? Yes, Second ? Yes, this is if you are ordering from the manufacture they need a FFl holder to ship to.You can order the upper without a FFL but you have to have one for the lower as that is a serial numbered part. That`s not to say you can`t go to a local gun shop and buy from or order whatever you like.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

No you absolutly do not need to have a FFL to purchase any firearm. They require a FFL because they will only ship to a FFL holder because of paperwork and gun laws governing the sale of guns. You can purchase the fire arm but it must be shipped to a FFL holder.

You simply go to your local gun shop and they will give you a signed copy of their FFL and you will send them the signed FFL and they will ship the gun to the gun shop. The gun shop will probably charge a fee to handle the transaction and paper work for you and the company. It is usually $10 - $25.

This is so that there is a record of the sale of the fire arm and they can do a back ground check on you.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best bet is to order as much of the rifle to your door as possible if you are even somewhat mechanically inclined: the upper, and lower parts kit. The only thing that needs to be transferred through and FFL holder is the stripped lower which only costs about $100-150. The less you have received through a dealer, the less taxes you pay on the rifle. good luck[8D]