Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 would like your opinion >

would like your opinion

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

would like your opinion

Old 01-29-2004, 04:31 AM

Default would like your opinion

as some already know that i will be getting married on march 26th. 2005. so y gun and toy funds are getting harder to find ( no more buying 6 gund a year . well hiding them ).

i am deciding on either topping my F.N. mauser chambered in 35whelen with a VX-III ( when they come out ) or a vari-X-III 1.75-6X32mmE.

...OR...

a remington 7600 pump in 35rem for my stillhunting/tracking needs ( little lighter than my BAR safari
the rem 7600 is brand new and last time i checked was going for $349.00

what would you do?
Old 01-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: would like your opinion

Get what you want now! Once you are married the price of every toy doubles . Its a good idea that if you spend $500 on a new gun for you , you spend $500 on something that your bride would like. Then will come kids,diapers,houses,cars, college and your hunting budget will take a real hit not only monitarily but also time wise. Still its the best way to go . My bride and I just celebrated our 30 yr anniversary. You have to lay down the ground rules early, and spend time with your family as well as out hunting. When setting the date for our wedding I told her that I had two conditions, 1 not in the summer as its too hot to wear a suit, 2 not in the fall as that was hunting season, She could plan the wedding for spring or winter. She chose spring then changed her mind and we got married in January.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:31 AM

Hey Quilly,

Get them both.....quick! If that is not possible get the 7600 in .35 Remington. That particular rifle and caliber combination seem to "come and go".....and are therefore not always easy to find. The Leupolds though will be available probably long after we are dead.

Best of luck with getting them both......and the upcoming wedding!

Dave
Old 01-29-2004, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

I agree rifle now and scope later. Deals on rifles are few and far between.