Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How many of you have been shot? >

How many of you have been shot?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How many of you have been shot?

Old 01-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How many of you have been shot?

Not counting rebounding lead splatter or being peppered by a shotgun, how many of you have actually had a bullet in you?

I've had a .22lr slug ricochet and wind up 2" deep in my thigh-back in high school, drove myself home and my mom said she wouldn't take me to the hospital for a "self inflicted wound" and walked off, so I dug it out with a knife and was stitching it up in tears as she came into the bathroom-she'd been kidding and had gone to get her coat.

I also got hit by a .45acp slug, FMJ thankfully-it was an AD at the range I was working at, flew about 40yrds, went through a Mazda Miata-entered the trunk, punched through the seats and dash, through the air breather, out the hood and into my hip about 3", too bad it hadn't it a "real car", I'd have never been touched-I guess it could have been worse, I could have been the first thing it met!!! I was on my way into work-walking through the parking lot!!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How many of you have been shot?

Took one in the forarm many years ago. 32acp
Old 01-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nomercy,

Man, your poor mom probably wanted to cry and beat the snot out of you at the same time. Can't say she'd have felt worse than you did, you were the one with the bullet in you after all. [&:]

All kidding aside, I'm thankful that your misfortune hadn't caused wounds more serious than they did. Most people who are shot twice in their lives, accidents or not, aren't lucky enough to be around to tell about it.

Mike
Old 01-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thankfuly, No. Sounds like someones accident prone
Old 01-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

I got a .22 lr richochet in the right shoulder about 2" from my neck when I was 15. I thought that it had just grazed me, so I never told my dad or went to a doctor. 10 years later I had my shoulder x-rayed and there it was and its been there for 40 yrs.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:40 AM

I have not but when my dad was living in Belinez, California, I guess he was walking down a street and some genious either hit a 22 with a bat or stuck it with a hammer and it went off hitting dad right in the calf. The guy was very sorry and drove him to the hospital and paid for the medical bill.

another guy I hunt with was in a hunting accident and got hit by a buck-shot. Barely missed his spine. His son was with him and his friend shot the shot at a pig nearby.

Those are the only people shot that I know of.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:22 AM

Well when I was in the Army Reserves we were on the firing ranges with the 7.62's (308) for you civilian types....and I was at the butts hoisting & lowering the targets when a stray round richocetted off my brain bucket.....thank god I was wearing it & I swiped it when I left the Reserves & I still have that bucket here at home today....[:-]....Brampton Mike[8D]
Old 01-15-2004, 04:30 AM

i have been shot in the heart with a arrow...

by cupid .......... thought that was cheezy but had to put it in.

have been close in MA. with people stacking ontop of people in the woods when deer run between funnels and bottlenecks where there are people shooting at the deer from each of the knowls as they try to escape. make a long story short. buckshot all around me.. lets say i almost got arrested for confronting the guy after that incident. ( one reason i would ban 00buckshot )

other was in maine where i was sitting in a swamp for a small still hunt rest and the locals must of not had time so they pushed through casuing deer to move everywhere. i never got a shot but someone heading my way was shooting his gun in my direction with my back to him. stayed low and my cool untill they ended up walking by me. the youngster knew by the lookonmy face that he did the wrong thing and appologized to me.
had another close one as i drove down a logging road and passed a few hunters who have met on the road after a push/ meet up time. in my rear view a seen a deer cross the road luckily the guys had common sense and did not shot my way.

Big Guy 01..

i never got infected from the lead inside your neck after all those years??
Old 01-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

The thing has never bothered me. Like I said it was in my shoulder for 10 years and I didn't know it. I thought I had got a pass through. It sure surprised the doc when it showed up on the x-ray. So I asked him if I should get it cut out. He said if it doesn't bother you leave it alone. The body grows a layer of something around it to isolate it. Between that and the steel rod in my leg I set off the metal detectors every time. LOL

The way it happened 3 of us were out hunting ground hogs and what ever else 15 year old boys can shoot. we were 3 a breast going thru a bush lot to another field , there was a small pond and one guy came out on the west end of the pond and I was in the willows at the east end, the other guy was behind me. There was an apple tree next to the pond and some apples had fallen into the water. They were a great target from the west. He fired 2 shots and I could hear the bullets ripping through the willows ! I was about to yell at him to stop when the guy behind me picked up a log and using it like a base ball bat he hit me on the shoulder. It knocked me to my knees. Man was I ever pissed off. I got up and turned around to beat the crap out of that guy and there was no one there. It then dawned on me that I had been shot. I yelled that I had been hit and the other two guys thought I was joking.That soon turned to panic. They examined the wound which wasn't bleeding and determined that it just nicked me. So we decided to not tell anyone as our parents surely would have taken our guns away. Another 3" to the left and 3" higher I would not be here.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:36 PM

my dumba** cousin told me to come down to his house one day, went down in the basement, said he had something cool to show me ( i was probably 14 he was 11 or 12) the little sh** took a 22lr held the lead end to the basement floor (concrete) and hit it with a hammer, all before I knew what he was doing; heard the bullet ricochet off a couple walls fortunately no one got hit but the casing cut through his jeans and was stuck in his leg, he has a little circular scar on his leg now. he is an idiot. i could tell lotsa stories about this kid but I'm sure nobody has enough time. oddly enough he graduated college and is a electrical engineer.
frickin moron.

Quick Reply: How many of you have been shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.