Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger Pistol Value??? >

Ruger Pistol Value???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Pistol Value???

Old 01-10-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Ruger Pistol Value???

Need some opinions as to the value of a Ruger Security Six Revolver, 357 Cal. w/4"barrel. Like new condition. A friend wants to either buy it or trade me a Savage, 7mmRem Mag, w/synthetic stock and a 3X10X50 Simmons scope.
What do you think?
Old 01-10-2004, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Ruger Pistol Value???

The Ruger Security Six is a great revolver. It's built tough and is accurate. Several years ago, I was a police officer and (this was before most departments went to semi-autos) we could use the revolver of our choice as long as it was a S&W, Colt, or Ruger. I had a S&W mod 66, a Colt Python, and a Ruger Security Six. The 66 wasn't very accurate, for me anyway, and the Python didn't want to work when it got dirty even though it was the smoothest shooting and most accurate. The SSix was accurate and tough and never coughed when spending several days on the range without cleaning. So I carried it.

I'm just guessing, but I'd say a "like new" condition SSix would be worth about 225.00 to 275.00. If I remember right, it was only about $300.00 brand new.

Oh, if you can spare the revolver, I'd take the rifle if you're in the market for one. Seems like a good trade on your part, as long as you know how it shoots. But I'd trash the scope immediately and get a good one.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:33 AM

Default RE: Ruger Pistol Value???

Just looked at the savage rifle. Dirty, blueing was well-worn, rubber stock full of scratches, scope was very cloudy, and the barrel was only 22 inches - so I told him no deal regarding a trade. I only wanted to trade the pistol for another 7 mag rifle, so the deal is off.
Good Hunting,
Hal