Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Got a New Scope Today for my .308win. >

Got a New Scope Today for my .308win.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Got a New Scope Today for my .308win.

Old 01-06-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Got a New Scope Today for my .308win.

I went today to get a new scope for my model 70 .308win. I had bought a Bushnell Banner scope to put on it in December but the Banner would not hold Zero. I had a Simmon's Pro-Hunter scope on it for the year previous and shot alot of reloads over the year and off season. It held fine, but on the first day of hunting season it failed me on the biggest buck that I have ever had cross my path and that at only 50 yards or so. I checked zero later that evening and it was off bad! So after all that I decided i was going to get a better quality scope. I purchased a NIKON Pro staff 3x9x40 today. What is your opinions on this Nikon scope? By the way this Win. model 70 .308 kicks really hard for a .308. I have had a savage .308 that did not kick this hard. I think it kicks as hard as my Remington 700 30-06. Does this sound normal to you all also? Thanks.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got a New Scope Today for my .308win.

I think you will like the pro staff scope, I have not had one of those yet but a good friend of mine has one on a 300 Win Mag and its worked good for him. I have used many Banner Scopes without any problem at all. I have had good luck with the Pro Hunters as well. I plan to get a Pro Staff soon for a new rifle I have on layaway. Good hunting to you.