Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Want an old Dept. Store Rifle. >

Want an old Dept. Store Rifle.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Want an old Dept. Store Rifle.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:49 PM

Default RE: Want an old Dept. Store Rifle.

Have sears tube fed bolt action 22 cal. Fair condition. Fully functioning. Western field model B2. If interested please reply.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:39 AM

Default RE: Want an old Dept. Store Rifle.

I have a Western Field .30-06 bolt-action rifle that dates from about 1971. It's actually a commercial Mauser, made by Heym, in West Gemany. With a Heym label on it, it would Blue Book at about $800; as it is, it's worth less (the stock's a bit scratched up, for one thing).

I'm thinking of selling it because it's a right-handed rifle and I'm left-handed. But it's a beautiful rifle--the quality of workmanship is most impressive.

A lot of people think, "Bah, cheap department-store junk!" But they don't realize that there was a time when the mass-merchandisers (Sears, Penney's, Wards) were actually proud of their merchandise, and offered some genuine quality goods, not just the cheapest thing they could get away with.