Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Barnes Clean-up >

Barnes Clean-up

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Barnes Clean-up

Old 12-14-2003, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Barnes Clean-up

BTW why are you using the Barnes-x?? Just out of curiosity, I hear they do not over expand or fragment and probably shine on targets that require deep penetration (big bears?).
Old 12-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is why I like them. Nothing penetrates like the X bullet. I have shot about 25 deer with them and recovered only one. That one a 100 grain X from the 250 Savage that bullet traveled the complete lenght of the deer and was peeled baxk just exactly the pictures they show. I may have to try the coated ones.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:25 AM
bigcountry

Everyone I know is having great luck with the triple shocks. Still coppers a little but alot less finicky than old naked barnes. But they are expensive.

Old 12-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I may try those too. I see Midway finally has accubonds in 308. Been wanting to try the as well. Just couldn't find any. If I get the rifles cleaned up good then stay on top of things I will most likely not have much trouble.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Spike

I am in contact with the original owner/Inventor of coppermelt. He has for some reason or other been running undercover.

If anyone has an interest in using coppermelt, I'm sure we can get some bottles out to you. Apparently, the product works like a charm,as i have been told, but production has suffered and supply is almost non existant. I do not know the formula, nor want to, so please be aware of this. i am only a go between for the time being.

pm me, and I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks