Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How often do you clean your gun? >

How often do you clean your gun?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How often do you clean your gun?

Old 04-12-2007, 03:47 PM

Default How often do you clean your gun?

I just got a Browning Gold Fusion and every time after I shoot it I want to tear it down and clean everything.

So I guess my question isshould I keep cleaning my baby this often or will I start wearing out parts if i keep this up. (Is it doing more harm than good)

Otherwise how many rounds should i shoot through it before I clean it?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How often do you clean your gun?

I clean my guns after every shooting session. I usually to a complete break down and cleaning.It's up to you but I'dat least pull a bore snake through the barrel to keep it free of debris and to maintain accuracy.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

After every shooting session. I'd rather replace a worn part than have it foul on the range.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-12-2007, 09:26 PM

In the off season, I clean after every shoot. I clean the gun about a month before rifle season and then not again until after the season unless it gets really dirty, I think it cuts down on my scent trail(don't know if it really does). I figure if I'm really lucky I'll shoot the gun six times by the end of the season.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I clean my shotgun once a year, whether it needs it or not
Old 04-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I clean all of my guns, regardless of caliber or action after every shooting session.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 AM

i clean the bore after every five shots on some of my rifles
Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 AM
DM

The only guns i clean after each useare muzzle loaders...

My other guns just don't get cleaned very often, (other than maybe wipeing them off after getting wet) and the reason why is... I always had to have my "work guns" ready to go at a moments notice, and i don't hunt with guns that haven't had fowling shots through them.

I've always had guns ready and a loaded pack ready to go out the door... I only planned longer hunts that would last a while...

I may leave at a moments notice to go hunting, and i may not be back for ??? If a friend needed backup around big bears i was always willing to go.... right then! Maybe fly out moose hunting for a few days or longer ??? Maybe go track a wounded animial???

You get the idea...

DM
Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Spike

I clean mine after every shooting session. Its what I learned in the army and the habit is hard to break. When you come back from the field the weapon's needs come before your needs. After they are spotless and stored correctly you take care of yourself.

That is definately overkill now that I am nothing more than a dedicated plinker but I still hate the idea of putting away a dirty rifle.

Quick Reply: How often do you clean your gun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.