Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rifle..Or shotgun? >

Rifle..Or shotgun?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rifle..Or shotgun?

Old 12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rifle..Or shotgun?

I use what ever fits the type of hunting I happen to be doing at the time. I have no real preference as to rifle or shotgun. I let the circumstances decide. That said, if I were to be picking my first, or I could only have one gun, I would go with a good 12 ga.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:46 AM

For many years i had a similar problem, i'd be in the field and need a rifle but would have a shotgun, or i'd have a rifle, fill my tag early, and wish i had a shotgun or 22 for ducks or????

The way i cured the problem was to fulfill a dream i had since i was about 9 or 10 years old, and buy a German made Drilling!!! Now i have a side by side shot gun, with a rifle bbl under! I also have a couple insert bbls (one 22lr the other 22win mag) that allows me to shoot 22lr's in the right shot bbl. The insert bbls shoot as good as my bolt action 22, and are only about 10" long!!! (you can get them longer) The total gun weight is 7 pounds, so it's easy to carry.

It also has a B&L 1.5x6 scope in quick detach claw mounts, that goes back to zero EVERY time you click in on!! I one time snaped the B&L into place, turned it up to 6x, and shot a coyote that was very close to 300 yards away. (with the under rifle bbl)

Over the years i've taken grouse, phesants, ducks, rabbits, moose, bear, and many other game animials with it, includeing two nice whitetail bucks (8 and a 9 point) this fall.

Oh yea, it breaks down like a double shotgun for easy cleaning and storage too.

Mines NOT the one in the picture.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:12 PM

Now that's what i call, ****ing neat.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:19 PM

Well, the reason i'm getting a shotgun (870 combo barrels) is so i can hunt deer, and, when i go qual hunting with my brother i can do that too. skeet shooting. squirrels. waterfowl. turkeys. birds, birds, birds. It's a bang for the buck. Literally. Though, me being only 16, Briman, i'm obviously on quite a short budget. When my broken leg heals i plan to start work and save up for a 700bdl with bushnell elite 3200, leupold mounts/rings.