Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger Customer Service Review >

Ruger Customer Service Review

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Customer Service Review

Old 12-02-2003, 08:14 PM

Default Ruger Customer Service Review

I called Ruger a couple of days ago because the rings that came with my 77/17 HMR were high rings and I needed medium rings. The friendly lady on the phone was very knowledgeable and helpful. She said a set of medium rings would be sent right out and when I received them, just send the high rings back to Ruger (even though I had opened the package before I noticed they were high rings....Ruger catalog says all 77/17's are shipped w/ medium rings). Anyway, I'm getting the rings I need at no charge except for the cost to send the others back to them. I would have to put Ruger in the same customer service category with RCBS and Leupold and that's some pretty tall company!
Old 12-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger Customer Service Review

when you get the replacement rings let us know if you got something different than you already have....it's never happened for me....they always sent me one just like the ones I had!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 03:49 AM

I bought a Ruger All Weather 77K in 7mm REM Mag and I was missing the sling rings[]. I bought it at a gun show used and some fool bent a piece of 1/4 in. stainless and connected it with a bolt [:'(]. Luckily he didn't drill out the factory hole so I decided to call Ruger and order the originals. They refused to let me pay for the items even though I told them I would gladly pay for the items. I had nice new sling rings in just a couple days .
Long live Ruger!!
Old 12-03-2003, 06:36 AM

I've found that Ruger tends to drop the ball in the quality control dept. more than most other companies, but they have always had super customer service. Any problem I or others have had has always been taken care of ASAP.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only dealings I had with ruger customer srevice was when a pin broke in my 22/45. One simple phone call and a replacement at no charge was there in a few days.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Many companies would do well to emulate Rugers customer service...I love talking to humans and that is what you get when you call them...
Old 12-03-2003, 11:01 AM

Ruger rules, I wish T/C would take a lesson from them. I tried to get an updated breach pug for my Encore and they wanted to charge me. When I pointed out they had made it as an improvement due to issues with the older one and it should be covered by warranty the lady I talked to said I would have to mail my old one in first. I explained that it was the middle of the hunting season and I kind of needed it She would not help me. I asked for someone in charge and got a voice mail. I have left a message and not gotten a call back. Thats how they are taking care of a customer with 2 encores, 6 barrels and another T/C gun. I wish they could learn something from Ruger.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Mikeforelk

Ruger rules, I wish T/C would take a lesson from them. I tried to get an updated breach pug for my Encore and they wanted to charge me. When I pointed out they had made it as an improvement due to issues with the older one and it should be covered by warranty the lady I talked to said I would have to mail my old one in first. I explained that it was the middle of the hunting season and I kind of needed it She would not help me. I asked for someone in charge and got a voice mail. I have left a message and not gotten a call back. Thats how they are taking care of a customer with 2 encores, 6 barrels and another T/C gun. I wish they could learn something from Ruger.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. My experience with T/C has been steller to say the least. Fortunatly I haven't had to use thier services very often but they have always been most helpful. Guess perhaps things have changed since the last I dealt with them.
Wes
Old 12-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's no surprise to me hearing these comments about Ruger and their Customer Service.They are the best in the business as far as I'm concerned..If something isn't right, Ruger will make it right.Their customer service people know their products.I've dealt with their service manager on a couple occasions and he was more then willing to resolve any issues. I had a brand new SRH with the mounting rail for the scope rings not correct. They replaced the gun at N/C.I have never paid for any repair no matter how old the gun was.I wish Polaris's CS would take lessons from Ruger. You might as well talk to the wall as to call Polaris's CS.

Mikeforelk, I'm really surprised that you weren't happy with T/C's Customer Service.Anytime I had a problem with any of T/C's products they made it good in a very timely manor.My Old Renegade after about 25 years the stock cracked. T/C Replace the entire rifle less the barrel and ramrod.I did have to send the stripped down stock for the replacement.I've had T/C's fiber optics break. No questions asked. Within a week I had replacements.After hunting season call them back and see again about the breech plug. Then if you have to send it,it won't put a damper on your hunting.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-03-2003, 05:22 PM

MOTurkeyTamer,

Do you still have the phone number or maybe an email address to Ruger. I need to buy some more screws for my scope rings.

Thanks
LAHUNTER

Quick Reply: Ruger Customer Service Review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.