Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka T3 vs. Browning A-bolt stainless stalker >

Tikka T3 vs. Browning A-bolt stainless stalker

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 vs. Browning A-bolt stainless stalker

Old 11-27-2003, 02:21 PM

Default Tikka T3 vs. Browning A-bolt stainless stalker

I' m looking to buy a deer rifle and I want to know peoples opinions on the Tikka T3 and the Browning A-bolt stainless stalker. Which one would you rather have, and why. Thanks!

kill em quick
Old 11-27-2003, 09:28 PM

Default RE: Tikka T3 vs. Browning A-bolt stainless stalker

I recently bought a Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker in .300 WSM. I put a Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8 on top. This is a tiny little scope for such a long range caliber but WEIGHT was my main concern here.

I am impressed with this little gun. The rifle and scope together weigh just a little over 7-1/4 pounds!!

I fired 20 factory loads yesterday to sight in and condition the barrel. My shoulder was not impressed with my decision![>:]

I plan to load a few lighter rounds for whitetail, which should make for a sweet little gun.

I looked at the tikka. I had made my mind up to buy the Tikka and then at the last minute changed my mind... the Browning A-bolt had a slightly shorter stock and since the gun was for my dad (which is small) I chose this rifle.

Both are good rifles. I chose the A-bolt.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tikka T3 vs. Browning A-bolt stainless stalker

I had an A-bolt but it wouldn' t shoot better than 2 MOA even after glass-bedding and custom hand loads. Sold it this summer after it being my first big-game rifle and using it for the last 6 years and bought a Tikka. The Tikka has a MOA (Minute of Angle = 1" at 100 yards) guarentee and sure enough it shoots great. Both are great guns, I just couldn' t get the Browning to shoot very well. The Tikka puts them under an inch all day long at 100 yards. Out West we get some long shots so it matters, my elk this year was ~350 yards and even a MOA accurate rifle that still gives you a 3.5" varience for a miss so you need an accurate rifle for around here.