Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
most of us at some point regret not buying..or selling >

most of us at some point regret not buying..or selling

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

most of us at some point regret not buying..or selling

Old 02-19-2021, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

I also regret not getting an SKS when they were $250 new in box.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

In 2010 a large local sporting goods store ran a sale on pre-accutrigger wood stocked savage 110s. .270, .30-06. for $249. A package deal with a cheapo simmons scope if I remember correctly.. I believe they also had .300win mag and 7mm RmAg as well but I don't remember the price.
I told my buddy and he picked up a .30-06 that he's used for deer since then. I should have bought a closet full of those rifles at that price for future builds. I'd have a .35whelen, a 6.5-06 and a few other fun toys had I done that.

I wish I'd bought lots of different things when they were cheap. I got my mosin nagant for $69 and the second one for $89. You could pick up an SKS cheap then too. Should have bought as many as I could have afforded.

The main selling regret I have is a cz550 in .458 winchester mag. I was offered allot more money than I had paid for it and couldn't pass it up. It would be an interesting Ohio deer rifle to play with though. But I made allot on that sale.

-Jake
Old 02-19-2021, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

It's served him well. Wish I'd bought ten of them!

-Jake
Old 02-22-2021, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Father Forkhorn
Nothing really strong on either side. I have sold couple of guns I never got around to shooting, and sometimes thought that I should have made sure they weren't "one a million" accurate.
Earlier I said this, but then I thought of one. Way back in college, I was looking to buy my first deer rifle and one gun I looked at was a surplus Mauser, I believe Venezuelan. I think it was $75.

Not knowing guns much, I didn't really appreciate it and passed. Probably the right move in the long run, but it would have been nice to have acquired it.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here’s a brain-bender for you... one pistol comes to mind which I regret buying AND regret selling.

I bought a Ballister-Molina Policia Federale Argentinian 1911-ish 45acp ‘roundabouts 2005 for $110 dollars out the door. It was tight and had a great trigger, but the rifling was shallow and nearly washed to nothing on one side. It shot remarkably well, and reliability was faultless. I had no use for it then, never really did, but it shot so well, and at such a low price, I simply enjoyed shooting it at every outing. Around 2007-8, I sold it on a whim to a friend of a friend for $250. I was happier with the money that day than I was with the pistol, but I often think of that silly pistol as one I wish I had on hand to shoot each weekend during my range trips and simply enjoy shooting.