HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - most of us at some point regret not buying..or selling
Old 02-19-2021, 06:07 AM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

In 2010 a large local sporting goods store ran a sale on pre-accutrigger wood stocked savage 110s. .270, .30-06. for $249. A package deal with a cheapo simmons scope if I remember correctly.. I believe they also had .300win mag and 7mm RmAg as well but I don't remember the price.
I told my buddy and he picked up a .30-06 that he's used for deer since then. I should have bought a closet full of those rifles at that price for future builds. I'd have a .35whelen, a 6.5-06 and a few other fun toys had I done that.

I wish I'd bought lots of different things when they were cheap. I got my mosin nagant for $69 and the second one for $89. You could pick up an SKS cheap then too. Should have bought as many as I could have afforded.

The main selling regret I have is a cz550 in .458 winchester mag. I was offered allot more money than I had paid for it and couldn't pass it up. It would be an interesting Ohio deer rifle to play with though. But I made allot on that sale.

-Jake