Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best suppressed cartridge for deer? >

Best suppressed cartridge for deer?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best suppressed cartridge for deer?

Old 09-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

I don't wear ear protection hunting, probably should. So suppressed is better than full force. If they made something hearing safe for target shooting that would be fun.

When people violate deer around here, I don't think they worry about noise.

it surprises me that violators would to go trouble and expense.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

as I said, walker game ears, there great products for hunting, they amplify sounds to even help you hear deer and game coming sooner than you will without them, and then they work as hearing protection to shut down harmful levels of sound
win win, and again, NO paperwork, and or down time waiting ion it or added costs minus battery's LOL

and I never under estimate the level of trouble and expense outlaws will go thru to get away with doing things, look at criminals in general, they do some crazy thing, cartels have SUBS to deliver drugs and many throw them away after ONE use and can cost in the millions and YES poachers are not big money makers in general as to drug dealers
BUT there are many BIG time poaching that goes on with trophy sized animals that do make a LOT of money, and or black market selling of body parts?? so, never say never!
Old 09-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Those guys were not cocaine cowboys. Ya there is money in poaching, but I am guessing those guys were not shooting rhino.

also to be honest, the way you come off with everyone guilty, I don't know if trust your judgement. But I wasn't there.

I was on another forum where s guy could tell by the look of peop,e at a gun show they were not hunters. He is an idiot, for judging and failing to understand 2nd Amendment.

I know some who set up trust for suppressors I know he doesn't care about animals in any way.

I am careful not to slip and call them a silencer, I don't want a righteous discussion to ensue. Though sometimes I will call them horns for the fun of it.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Berserker
I know some who set up trust for suppressors I know he doesn't care about animals in any way.
Lots of folks establish Trusts for NFA items. It’s a means of distributing legal possession. For me, our Trust means my wife can have my Maxim 9 on her nightstand, or can hunt without me using our shared Ultra 9. She can take my son shooting with his Marlin 60 which has been threaded for a Warlock II whether I’m there or working out of state.

I am careful not to slip and call them a silencer, I don't want a righteous discussion to ensue.
This sentiment is evidence you don’t have experience with owning suppressors, and the folks you expect to respond to your use of the word “silencer” don’t either. Legally, there are no suppressors. They ARE Silencers. Read ATF Form 4 or Form 1 Instructions Document, Definitions Section, Article 1c. I have a handful of Silencers, none are legally suppressors.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those guys were not cocaine cowboys. Ya there is money in poaching, but I am guessing those guys were not shooting rhino.

also to be honest, the way you come off with everyone guilty, I don't know if trust your judgement. But I wasn't there.

I was on another forum where s guy could tell by the look of peop,e at a gun show they were not hunters. He is an idiot, for judging and failing to understand 2nd Amendment.

I am careful not to slip and call them a silencer, I don't want a righteous discussion to ensue. Though sometimes I will call them horns for the fun of it.
Personally I think if anyone here is coming off as a """ is YOU, , IMO , you can say what you want its a open forum and I don;t really care
but I have corrected a lot of your statelemnts that have been at me
and you have been wrong
I have NEVER again said ALL people that ask these things are guilty of anything!
I again STATED that MANY ARE BASED ON MY> "MY" experience with selling and being in this industry in a professional way, NOT as a person just talking about them or looking to buy them
SO< I have a LOT of actual experience beyond what the average hunter shooter has by a BUNCH here

as for what anyone wishes to call these things, suppressors or silencers, I think is trivial
all they do is reduce sound, so IMO both words describe that process!
yes folks can get into heated debates on the NAME being used, but I am not one of them either way, , I GET what most folks are asking about when they use either and I TRY and provide honest info on them
never been trying to offend anyone here, just giving MY opinion and info I have to TRY and help!
if you don't wish to like or trust my judgement, why debate with me at all? unless again your the one being a ????
just trying to be a internet key board tuff guy and want attention!
Old 09-08-2018, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Go comes on here and asks question, and you ask him what illegal activity is he up to.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, mrbb did not asked the op what illegal activity he is up to. Perhaps you need glasses as well as Dale Carnegie's book on how to win friends and influence people. This is what he said "most times I read about folks wanting to do this I THINK of folks wanting to poach at night and get away with things, over the actual desire to hunt with a sub sonic rifle"? He then went on to say there should be more concern about making a clean kill than using a suppressed rifle for big game. Then he went on to give an answer to the OP's question. You owe the man an apology.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go comes on here and asks question, and you ask him what illegal activity is he up to.
again, maybe you really need to try reading and comprehending what you read, before you accuse anyone of anything, due to your lack there of ability of understanding written words
as I never accused him of anything illegal, NEVER go back re read what I wrote and maybe then you will learn something over thinking you know it all!
you brought up the second amendment?? I never said anything against that either, so what's your point, you just like to think you know more than you do? and want to start troubles , again being a key board tuff guy, name calling out of your lack of ability to follow along treads and read and comprehend what is written in them.
and I am not a clue as what info you have added here to HELP the OP with his question period? minus some bragging of your belongings and again trying to de vale what others have posted to TRY and help the OP, if by nothing buy giving advice based on REAL experience
if you have a issue with me, feel free to PM me, , but I doubt you would, as you like the attention you get on an open forum , as since your not adding anything valuable to the OP's tread, what other reason do you have to be posting here at all??
but again, I will bet this simple logic is too much for you to grasp and comprehend .
Old 09-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

and also, if this means anything to you m the OP has not even logged into this site since posting his questions
which also sort of says something to me, , as most folks that really want to learn or know something, ask a questiona nd come back to ask more details as suggestions and info is givin on things?
SO?
and again to be CLEAR I have NOT accused the OP of ANYTHING< just basing my replys here on experiences I have had over the yrs?
Old 09-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I doubt the kind of attention he is receiving is the kind he wants!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.