Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
looking for my first deer rifle. i have something in mind... >

looking for my first deer rifle. i have something in mind...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

looking for my first deer rifle. i have something in mind...

Old 02-17-2016, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

OH GAWD you had to ask!!!!!!!!!
Probably the Ruger 77 220 swift & a Ruger 77 22 hornet (squirrel rifle) since we hunt coyotes and crows all year long except the short time the seasons are closed about 3 months.

For deer I have a Remington 700 Mountain rifle set up for distance shooting across cranberry bogs and down the beach in 7mmo8 and a Remington model 7 set up for the thick cedar swamps also in 7mm08.

Also use a Remington 700 in 308, 243 and 300 win mag.
Remington 700 Ml 50 cal. and another in 54 cal.

All my bolt guns.

Al
Old 02-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Spike

so im going back to the shop tomorrow, hopefully... and ill check out some other rifles to make my final decision ill pick out a top 3 that i want and post it, ill wait a week or two before i buy anything, so plenty more time for advise. or ill get 2 budget rifles,,, nah i dont think so...

Last edited by offroadingbob; 02-17-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

You've mentioned other issues, but make sure you're working that action hard and full stroke. You can't baby the pumps, they like to be worked. Sounds like you have some other stuff going on, but I've seen guys do this multiple times with their pumps and complain that it isn't feeding/ejecting etc.
-Jake