Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Has anybody shot this? >

Has anybody shot this?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Has anybody shot this?

Old 07-26-2015, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

PER Ohio regs. Shall we post the other fifty states as well? PA Digest has no influence on what I was doing in Ohio.
-Jake
Old 07-26-2015, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Folks, THIS is why people leave this site. I have multiple PMs from people giving me a hard time for breaking laws that were never broken. People hunt multiple states. People hunt under different regulations than you do. If I post a picture of the doe I intend to shoot tomorrow or tuesday, people will tear me up about poaching. Even though it is perfectly legal through Agricultural Deer Control tags. My post had nothing about shooting coyotes in PA. Could I have clarified more? sure, but everyone assuming I was illegal? Come on folks. I've been here for a while now and understand why there was confusion. And thanks for those of you that approached it as a "heads up" warning instead of accusation. That's the way you help new hunters. But if I was a brand new poster I'd also consider leaving this "community" of hunters because there are people telling me to "read the regulations since I'm a new hunter in PA" I've been hunting PA for 14 years. And again, PA has nothing to do with hunting in any other state.
-Jake
Old 07-26-2015, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to the OP for hijacking thread.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

some folks just assume everybody else is wrong, and it seems once they have convinced themselves that someone is wrong, they lose any reading comprehension ability that they may have had. but they get they're post count up there.
Jake you couldn't have been more clear on your explanation, some just look way to hard for something to throw a tantrum about.
RR
Old 07-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

And then, there are those who just have to throw their oar in the water after the storm is over and keep it going.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
PER Ohio regs. Shall we post the other fifty states as well? PA Digest has no influence on what I was doing in Ohio.
-Jake
Jake---I realized you just didn't say where you were, but why not just clarify you were in Ohio and leave it at that after Big Uncle brought it up? Now this is getting all blown up and you're making more accusations about people running others off this site, which IMHO wasn't needed, just as the comment RR posted wasn't needed because your initial post that led to this fuss certainly wasn't clear. I figured you were in another state and that's why I made my post. My use of the word misspoken meaning that you just didn't clarify where you were. However, the Ohio Regs you have now C/Pd in your other post and then bolded: "Rifle-Any caliber" is really meaningless in what is being discussed here as far as use of a semi-automatic or even magazine capacity. Any caliber certainly doesn't mean that you can use a semi-automatic or an unlimited magazine capacity in a rifle. That would have to be in another part of the statute or in another entirely different one. Let's just calm down and realize that when people make posts out on the internet sometimes they are making statements that show they have done something illegal and they get busted for it. IMHO when we make posts we just need to make sure that what we say can't be misrepresented into something else that starts something like this thread went to! PS: If you want to really read something crazy as far as the Ohio statutes, take a look and see that they at least at one time considered a semi-automatic firearm to be an automatic weapon if it had a magazine that held 30 or more rounds! Yep, you read that right! Even though you have to pull the trigger each time to fire a round they consider it an automatic if it has a magazine containing 30 or more rounds. I have no idea how a governing body could ever get that on the books since it is absolutely contrary to what BATFE considers an automatic.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-26-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uncle wasn't the only one that brought it up, he just asked a question. Since Jake's profile indicates he lives in Pa and few here know he is FROM Ohio, and recently I might add, and also since it is rare that anyone travels out of state to hunt yotes, it was a reasonable conclusion that you took those yotes in Pa (Since you said "that's what I had in my truck at the time"). Now if someone was ragging you in PM's Jake instead of coming into open forum and accusing all of us for coming to a perfectly reasonable conclusion based on the limited facts you provided, maybe you should relate that to the ones ragging you in PM's.

Last edited by super_hunt54; 07-26-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

As far as the HiPoint carbine goes it is a reliable carbine. I read an article in Gun Test magazine a couple years ago and it compared the hi point 995 against the beretta CX Storm and another carbine (possibly the Keltec) and the HiPoint came out on top in both reliability and ergodynamics. It may look like a POS but in actuality it is a good carbine.
As for the 40 S&W, do not use it on anything larger than coyotes.

Last edited by bronko22000; 07-26-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Entire problem woulda been averted if responses answered the question - "anybody shot a 40S&W High Point?"
Old 07-26-2015, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Entire problem woulda been averted if responses answered the question - "anybody shot a 40S&W High Point?"
I could not agree more. My post was clearly off track and although it was not my intent it caused friction.

Having never shot a 40 S&W High Point it would have been best to not chime in.

Edit - I did not send a PM to anyone on this, or any related subject.

Last edited by Big Uncle; 07-26-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.