Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement >

Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement

Old 04-30-2015, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement

Greetings all.

If it has not already occurred to you now is the time you should be stocking up on ammo, magazines and maybe another AR or AK.

I do not mean to get too political in a non-political forum but at the moment things are, relatively, quiet on the gun grabbing front. And other than .22 ammo, firearms, ammunition and accessories are back on the shelves.

But for how long? Who knows how the presidential election will turn out. I do not mean to sound like an alarmist and I am certainly not suggesting you should empty your savings account but now is when you should start stocking up - before the next panic happens. Every week buy a box of ammo or a magazine or start saving for another SHTF gun.

Just something to consider because another round of panic buying is bound to happen sooner or later...unfortunately.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far as I can tell, none of the alarmist predictions which have started the panic buying binges have come true. The ammo and firearms manufacturers have profited. The guys at the gun shows selling .22 ammo have profited.
What's changed? Do we have a learning disability here?

Last edited by Wingbone; 04-30-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do we have a learning disability here?
Not at all - that is why I am stocking up now.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, if only because of the availability. I've been buying a box of something every week for quite a while now. I remember struggling at times even to find common ammo. So now that the shelfs are full, I won't risk it again. Buy it now while it's there and I won't have to worry about it when I can't find it.
-Jake
Old 04-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
Just something to consider because another round of panic buying is bound to happen sooner or later...unfortunately.
Very astute and timely observation. To think otherwise would be somewhat similar to the fable of the Ant and the Grasshopper.

http://www.umass.edu/aesop/content.php?i=1&n=0
Old 04-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Panicking under relatively stormless skies is akin to a story I heard about someone named chicken little.

The riots in Baltimore are about as bad as we've seen in our modern times, and frankly, nobody is standing in the doorways of their shops with 5 AR-15's slung over their back to ward off the hoard. Gotta face reality some time folks - we used to call "preppers" by different names - "nutjobs" or "fanatics".

So what's going to happen at the next election? If another democrat is elected, what's going to happen? They've had 16 of the last 24yrs, are you so delusional that 4 more have you concerned? Are you really so blind to not realize that ammunition and firearms sales - and firearms ownership growth rate - are at an all time high for the last century?

To be brutally honest, I'm a lot more worried about the dumbass down the street that reads this kind of junk on the internet and doesn't have the good sense to be safe with a firearm, or be responsible in managing it if anything ever did "hit the fan".

I have a healthy stockpile of ammunition and components on hand, but not in the interest of preparing for the end of civilization. Ammunition costs have risen ahead of the national inflationary rate, so barring artificially bloated "panic pricing," ammunition will never be as cheap, relatively, as it is today. I consider my "stock pile" to be akin to investing in shooting futures.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Panicking under relatively stormless skies is akin to a story I heard about someone named chicken little.

The riots in Baltimore are about as bad as we've seen in our modern times, and frankly, nobody is standing in the doorways of their shops with 5 AR-15's slung over their back to ward off the hoard. Gotta face reality some time folks - we used to call "preppers" by different names - "nutjobs" or "fanatics".

So what's going to happen at the next election? If another democrat is elected, what's going to happen? They've had 16 of the last 24yrs, are you so delusional that 4 more have you concerned? Are you really so blind to not realize that ammunition and firearms sales - and firearms ownership growth rate - are at an all time high for the last century?

To be brutally honest, I'm a lot more worried about the dumbass down the street that reads this kind of junk on the internet and doesn't have the good sense to be safe with a firearm, or be responsible in managing it if anything ever did "hit the fan".

I have a healthy stockpile of ammunition and components on hand, but not in the interest of preparing for the end of civilization. Ammunition costs have risen ahead of the national inflationary rate, so barring artificially bloated "panic pricing," ammunition will never be as cheap, relatively, as it is today. I consider my "stock pile" to be akin to investing in shooting futures.
Pretty much about as straight up correct as a person can be on that one sir. Does anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe, all these "chicken little" stories are put out there by the manufacturers and dealers? As Nomercy just put it, sales are at an all time high! Panic= profit! plain and simple.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Only ammo I will buy any longer is 22lr and 22 mag when they ever hit the shelves.
I think I should start shopping for a old 22 jet or hornet.

For all the rest I've bought powder, primers and bullets. I'm set probably till the end of my life.

The good old people are the ones who have made my life the most miserable.

Al
Old 05-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Typical Buck

Just another reason for ammo and components to go up in price and never come back down.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

What we need is a Republican pro-gun President and about 2 years for the panic to settle down and prices to go back down. Then stockpile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.