Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement >

Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement

Old 05-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Spike

Chicken little story or not, if you think it's going to get easier to own guns and buy ammo, you have your head in the sand. If you do not see storm clouds on the horizon with regard to our 2nd Amendment rights, you have your head in the sand. If you do not see the fact that a large number of Liberals and mis-guided politicians have a mindset that Government knows more about what is good for the people than the people do, you have your head in the sand.

None of it will lead to 'good times' if the people who elect our politicians do not change their voting tendencies. If you think Obama is taking executive powers to the edge of legal boundaries, you've seen nothing yet, if Killary is put into office.

In the meantime, I will prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

What we need to do is to prevent liberals from holding public office by having electable conservatives run for office, emphasis on conservatives, not rinos and elect them.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the point was missed. Panic buying of guns and ammo that empty the stock of these items in stores do in fact happen. The recommendation was not to engage in panic buying but rather to take advantage of a period of full inventory to replenish one's needs.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suspect that conservatives, gun and ammo manufacturers, weapon importers and hunting organizations fund the liberal politicians. When gun or ammo sales are down then a call is made and a generous campaign contribution passes hands. Next thing you hear is about some new law or regulation that will take everyone's guns away. We all rush to the gun shops and pay inflated prices for everything in sight. We fund a conservative to run for congress to stop the gun grabbers with their evil intentions. Everybody makes out, it is trickle down economics at it's best. Nobody is really going to take guns away, it is the goose that lays the golden eggs.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

I read thru some of these posts, and have to say, it's hard to believe some people live with their head in the sand, and take a denial pill twice daily. In 2013 we saw in multiple states, ridiculous gun control laws passed. We saw democrats push hard in Congress to get new gun control laws. It was the republicans that were able to put it to a halt in the senate. Had Congress had the make up it did in 2008-2010, any measure they wanted, would have passed. Just recently, Obama was calling for new gun control measures, just like in Australia. Even worse, he used a funeral for his soap box. Just because they have not passed the laws at the federal level, that does not mean they want them, and want them bad. It's not because they deter crime, as anyone with a lick of common sense knows the laws don't. It's all about control. Most of the hoarding has stopped as of late, but as the OP said, now is the time to be stocking up on reloading supplies, ammo, etc. You don't have to buy out the store, but grabbing that extra box here and there in the long run isn't a bad thing. The gun control freaks, heavily funded by Bloomberg mind you, and not the Koch brothers, are banking on gun owners who live in denial about taking our guns. These are the ones democrats parade around and say they want sensible gun laws. So yes, they very much want our guns, and just because they haven't done it, isn't because they don't want to, and not without a lack of trying. Yes gun ownership is up, but sadly a lot of those are not dedicated gun owners, and will vote for the democrats every time, because of the hand outs. And by the way, the 2A does not protect hunting guns. Wake up America.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by streetglideok
I read thru some of these posts, and have to say, it's hard to believe some people live with their head in the sand, and take a denial pill twice daily. In 2013 we saw in multiple states, ridiculous gun control laws passed. We saw democrats push hard in Congress to get new gun control laws. It was the republicans that were able to put it to a halt in the senate. Had Congress had the make up it did in 2008-2010, any measure they wanted, would have passed. Just recently, Obama was calling for new gun control measures, just like in Australia. Even worse, he used a funeral for his soap box. Just because they have not passed the laws at the federal level, that does not mean they want them, and want them bad. It's not because they deter crime, as anyone with a lick of common sense knows the laws don't. It's all about control. Most of the hoarding has stopped as of late, but as the OP said, now is the time to be stocking up on reloading supplies, ammo, etc. You don't have to buy out the store, but grabbing that extra box here and there in the long run isn't a bad thing. The gun control freaks, heavily funded by Bloomberg mind you, and not the Koch brothers, are banking on gun owners who live in denial about taking our guns. These are the ones democrats parade around and say they want sensible gun laws. So yes, they very much want our guns, and just because they haven't done it, isn't because they don't want to, and not without a lack of trying. Yes gun ownership is up, but sadly a lot of those are not dedicated gun owners, and will vote for the democrats every time, because of the hand outs. And by the way, the 2A does not protect hunting guns. Wake up America.
And there goes another one, the sky is falling! Dude, what makes you thing the 2A doesn't protect "hunting firearms"? 99% of EVERY rifle design out there has a MILITARY background. Break open single shots are about the only design that has never been adopted into military service. And I'm not 100% sure on that one even, I've never seen any in the old military firearms books though.

If all these gun control idiots haven't gotten our guns yet with all these shootings here in Chicago and schools and such going on, then bubba, it aint gonna happen! Even Obama knew better than to give it a hard push to try. Of course he played the pulpit at some of the funerals, it was in his political best interest to!
Old 07-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've read on various sites where guys are saying they bought enough of this, that, and the other to last their lifetime and a lot of these guys aren't out of their 30s or 40s! Give me a break for God's sake. It's no wonder with those idiots out there that I still don't see a 22LR on many store shelves. I can see having what you need for a year or three, but a Lifetime supply?!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=super_hunt54;4207014] Break open single shots are about the only design that has never been adopted into military service./QUOTE]

Does the M79 "Thumper" count?

Last edited by Big Uncle; 07-15-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do believe that we will eventually see magazine capacity restrictions. Beware of a ban on lead for "health reasons" with a big push from the CDC in the coming years.

However, I do not think that is the point that the OP wished to make. It is simply better to take advantage of current availability in a responsible fashion than to express remorse for missed opportunities later.

Follow whatever path you think is best for you. I agree with the OP.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Creating runs on certain calibers of ammo based on the sky is falling nonsense and fear is not being responsible, it is allowing ammo manufacturers to raise the prices and cut back on production to create more demand and therefore higher prices.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.