HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Now Is The Time: A Public Service Announcement
Old 04-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Panicking under relatively stormless skies is akin to a story I heard about someone named chicken little.

The riots in Baltimore are about as bad as we've seen in our modern times, and frankly, nobody is standing in the doorways of their shops with 5 AR-15's slung over their back to ward off the hoard. Gotta face reality some time folks - we used to call "preppers" by different names - "nutjobs" or "fanatics".

So what's going to happen at the next election? If another democrat is elected, what's going to happen? They've had 16 of the last 24yrs, are you so delusional that 4 more have you concerned? Are you really so blind to not realize that ammunition and firearms sales - and firearms ownership growth rate - are at an all time high for the last century?

To be brutally honest, I'm a lot more worried about the dumbass down the street that reads this kind of junk on the internet and doesn't have the good sense to be safe with a firearm, or be responsible in managing it if anything ever did "hit the fan".

I have a healthy stockpile of ammunition and components on hand, but not in the interest of preparing for the end of civilization. Ammunition costs have risen ahead of the national inflationary rate, so barring artificially bloated "panic pricing," ammunition will never be as cheap, relatively, as it is today. I consider my "stock pile" to be akin to investing in shooting futures.