Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ever want to slap saleman? >

Ever want to slap saleman?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ever want to slap saleman?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ever want to slap saleman?

As with everything there are people whom are experts at what they do,or so they think!!Lots of the time these people talk the other,less knowing folks,into stuff?
For example,here in Pa. it is timberland,most of where you can hunt deer, with out a farmer to let you on his ground is.
A guy at the range uncases his gun and mounted on it is a 4 X 16 adjustable objective Swift scope! He tells me the guy at the gun shop told him that is the scope he needs on that gun for deer hunting!!!!!
OH MY MY!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How about slapping the customers

Most salesmen don't do the picking of the stock in the store.

Went to a big box store and asked a fishing salesmen why they were stocking scopes with over 3x9 scopes. "Oh, those hunters want to set up their scopes for their 700 yard shots."

Last edited by Valentine; 11-25-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had one at cabelas tell me this week that where they were from (southwest ks, where I've been hunting for a long time myself) they "couldn't give away a .308win because everybody wanted a .30-06 or .30-30 since it's so flat and the shooting is so long"...

I just smiled and handed back the rifle I was not buying from them...
Old 11-29-2014, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have run across lots of salesmen that should be selling in a convenience store, not a sporting goods store. I really wonder what the qualifications are to get a job in there.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:56 AM
Spike

You ought to try the Cabela's in East Hartford, CT. It is too funny. It almost makes the trip worthwhile. Many of the sales people are local and very urban. Many of the customers are too. I love getting hunting and shooting advice from the cute little urban girls who takes themselves very seriously. I don't want to slap them. I just thank them for their advice and try not to laugh.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

I don't consider most of them to be "salesman" but low paid clerks,
Old 11-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just want them to hand me the correct rifle off the shelf. I don't need them to tell me about it, if I have it in my hands I will already know more then they will about it.

The worst are the sales people in the ammo aisles.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

it's amazing how the stores advertise there supposed experts and then you realize after a second or two that they should be sweeping the floors or cleaning the toilets they are just losing business at least from me because it usually causes me to walk out the door !!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

They are everywhere. Pretty funny sometimes.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

salesmen I can put in they're place pretty quick, have had a couple of close calls with some smiths, one I got a total refund from as long as Ipromised never to return, I told him it would be my pleasure.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.