Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ever want to slap saleman? >

Ever want to slap saleman?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ever want to slap saleman?

Old 11-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah what's up with some gunsmiths iv'e had quite a few bad experiences with them i started learning how to work on my own guns because of them!!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Sales people who don't know much are everywhere. Age doesn't seem to guarantee knowledge. I usually don't get too worked up about it unless they try to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. Then I usually ask for another clerk or leave. It's really fun when I'm leaving and some manager asks if I found everything I was looking for.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redgreen
I have run across lots of salesmen that should be selling in a convenience store, not a sporting goods store.
They probably were 10 mins before they got a job in sporting goods.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah the problem is the stores don't want to pay somebody with the proper knowledge and that's there mistake because the amount of product that can be sold by the knowledgeable person would make up for the wage difference not to mention your customers would keep coming back instead of never going back there !!
Old 11-30-2014, 04:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't blame the "salesman" based on someone else's experience, you are getting second hand info..In addition, we have all contributed to this...The small mom and pop gunshops that we use to deal with have mostly fallen by the way side...We refused to pay the higher prices they needed to make to stay in business...Now we are left with the big box stores with their lower margins...They simply can't afford to hire knowledgeable people to work there, those folks won't work for minimum wages...We are left with idiots, many of who wouldn't know a rimfire from a centerfire...

It is what it is...
Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I wouldn't blame the "salesman" based on someone else's experience, you are getting second hand info..In addition, we have all contributed to this...The small mom and pop gunshops that we use to deal with have mostly fallen by the way side...We refused to pay the higher prices they needed to make to stay in business...Now we are left with the big box stores with their lower margins...They simply can't afford to hire knowledgeable people to work there, those folks won't work for minimum wages...We are left with idiots, many of who wouldn't know a rimfire from a centerfire...

It is what it is...
I know the couple "mom and pop" shops we have here aren't any better. They still only seem to know what is on the box. I won't step foot into one of them because they have screwed me over multiple times.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

don't get me wrong i don't place blame on anybody it's just bothers me when they say we have experts for that store when they don't !!
Old 11-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ever hear; "Buyer Beware" ?

It pays to do your own research !!!

...............and get "opinions" from people who KNOW.

Last edited by Sheridan; 11-30-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just want them to hand me the correct rifle off the shelf. I don't need them to tell me about it,
This^. I have never needed the salesman at a sporting goods store to know anything other than how to work the cash register. In fact I prefer the ones that just keep their mouths shut and hand me what I ask for. I know what I want or need when I walk in the place. If you have ask the guy behind the counter what you need that's a sad ass reflection on you not them.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

of course i do my research and i already know what i'm doing before i go in there !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.