Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Does your gun have a clip?? >

Does your gun have a clip??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Does your gun have a clip??

Old 10-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does your gun have a clip??

Lookn to see how many people have guns with clips?.......I preffer a clip to the top feed guns. does know if it is much qiucker but makes for easier unloading.

some say the clips make a bit more noise and rattle what do you think?

Stand corrected yes a magazine. we call them clips up here.....
Old 10-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does your gun have a clip??

I bet your gun doesn' t have a clip unless it is an M1 Garand. I bet you are talking about a magazine. A clip doesn' t have a spring and is used to charge a magazine. I have one rifle that has a detachable magazine and I am always afraid I will forget it. I prefer the internal magazine. No muss, no fuss, no noise, no falling out of the gun.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one detatchable magazine and the rest have floorplates.I never load or unload any of the rifles with floorplates from the top.I open the floorplate to both load and unload the magazines.I will not own a rifle with a blind magazine.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just my Browning High Power. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remington 7600 gamemaster 30-06,Browning Hi-Power 9mm

I forgot one, Remington 788 6mm
Old 10-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love clip fed rifles. The clip for my rifle holds 8 rounds. The clip is held nice and tight inside the rifle. The clip makes a loud Tinggggg! sound to let you know when its empty and that the rifle is hungry. [&:]

Old 10-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Briman, don' t you just love that loud tingggg sound when the clip goes flying? Nothing else like it in the world.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, all of my long guns have magazines, except for the single shots and double bbls, some of my handguns do too...but not many of my hunting rifles have DETACHABLE magazines. Typically, feeding is less reliable in Detach mags, sometimes this can lead to a problem with accuracy too. I don' t really know of any guns I' ve owned that rattled in the mags, although I tend not to buy magazines that aren' t new. One thing you' ve got to consider, a 5rnd magazine isn' t going to rattle, be it clip fed, box or blind mag, or a detach mag, yes, there are cheap hi-cap mags that are almost worn out out there that rattle pretty bad when half loaded, but they aren' t legal equipment for most game anyway.

Most of my rifles are lever actions, real lever actions, not cheesy " we' ve at least got to make one lever gun" models, so they' re tube mags, I' ve got several bolt guns, only one of which has a detach mag (springfield), of course all of my semi' s have detach mags, except my garands and my .22lrs.

In action types where it could go either way, I typically prefer a blind or box mag for hunting (varmints excluded), feeding is always more reliable, and when do you really need an extra round over 5rnds, let alone a whole other magazine full? That' s called " spraying and praying" , not hunting.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some of my guns have detactable magazines.I don' t have any that uses what are called clips.The detactable mag has advantages but can also have disadvantages.I don' t mind having to drop the floorplate on other rifles. Since I only have to unload them a time or two a day it' s no big deal.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 10-09-2003, 05:18 PM

big question guys.. i have a Win M70 30-06 it has a floorplate.. it loads fine, shoots fine, but when its time to go home and unload I open the floor plate and the thing that compresses the shells uptowards the feeder comes off the bottom of my plate everytime... do I need to get a new spring or take it to a gunsmith and let him attach it some how.. I mean it stays fine until you open it then you have to bend down and pick up the spring and the little metal feeder

Quick Reply: Does your gun have a clip??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.